Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: headed in AM

Default headed in AM

5:00 am get up, get coffee..5:15 head for hangar at M48,..get coffee on the way,..arrive at hangar at 5:40, open hangar drag 172 out and pre flight,..top off tanks,..get more coffee,..6:30 Gary and Sue arrive,..get more coffee,..6:35 take morning picture of Sue just to get her going lol..6:45 taxi out to 14,..run her up to get some heat going both for passengers and carb,,suppose to be 45 F in the morning so that means it will probably be 35 F, 7:00 am, depart M48 and head for K96 1 hr 43 minute flight ( providing there are no stops to get coffee or get rid of coffee drank) meet seller of model 5. get more coffee,..check log books on plane..get more coffee,..inspect model 5,..get more coffee,..go up with seller and check out model 5 flight characteristics,..take turns landing and taking off a few times,..if satisfied..call bank and tell them to hit the button..pay for plane,..get more coffee,..get "kitfox grin" photo..depart K96 in formation with Gary and Sue headed back to M48..moon Sue just to get her going,..check list of friends house's that I'm suppose to leave rubber marks on their roof's.. head for first friend on list house..when done with fly by's head to M48,..land..refuel..fly to Madisons school..pick her up..fly home..

that's the plan,..will see how many wrench's get thrown in the works ,..hopefully none
    Chase

Default Re: headed in AM

Good luck, hope it is good coffee
    Dorsal ~~^~~
    Series 7 - Tri-Gear
    912 ULS Warp Drive

lol me too..got to have good coffee..just can't function without it lol

Go get 'em the "grin photo!"
    (Well written Chase!)
    Grover Wright
    Flying a KF IV-1200
    ROTAX 912UL

Thanks Grover I will need all that coffee because I doubt I get any sleep tonight ..feel like a 10 year old on Christmas eve lol

Best of luck tomorrow Chase. Hope I log in tomorrow afternoon or early evening and see that grin.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

thanks Steve,.and me too on the pic I am hoping all is well with log book/airframe inspection etc,..I'm sure it will be since the plane was a complete quick build package and the seller/builder is also an engineer, he has been up front all the way so I don't have any bad vibe's concerning the sale,..the only delay that might take more time then I'd like is the wire transfer,..had good luck for the most part doing them,..but have heard some horror stories of waiting 3 days for them to go thru too..fingers crossed

ok gonna try to get some ZZZZ's
    Chase
    Model 5 OutBack
    912 UL

sorry, sounds like way too much coffee before flying for me. If I know I'm going to fly I pop an excederin extra strength. I know it's not the same, just keeps me flyin. seems the excitement mixed with coffee, I would be having to go every 5min or so. Hope things work out and you get the plane. happy flyin. During my latest big flight in the Rv I had to use the bottle. very hard with the stick between the legs. got a little rocky, but doable.

steve

the day started with me forgetting my wallet,..realized this when I stopped at the store,.. to get coffee lol so had to back track 15 miles and get my wallet,..I meet Gary,..we dragged the 172 out and did preflight and topped her off,..by the time we are done we are an hour behind schedule,..we take off at 8:00 am,,just as we get out of pattern altitude,.. the go300 coughs and starts sputtering,,Carb Ice,.Gary turns back toward the airport and apply's carb heat,..I told him lets just fly around the airport a bit see if she cleans up,..a little carb heat and she was good,.so now,..finally we are on our way smooth air all the way to the Mississippi river,..cross into Illinois and it's rough air up to 4500 ASL we arrived at Sandorus at 10:20..no kitfox,..standing there for about 5 minutes I can hear the distinct sound of a 912,...as he buzzes the field then lands,..we have our greetings,..check the logs,,did the inspection,..and take her up..she fly's great I didn't take off or land..Mark,..the seller did this the first flight,..so we landed..I call the bank and tell them all is good..hooked up my IFLY ,.set up a return flight,..ent to lunch,..we come back to the airport and Mark calls the bank,..all is good,,his bank received payment,... it's 3:20 and I climb into the irfox ..fire her up,..taxi out to runway,..Gary is following me ..we give the thumbs up after run ups,..and I lea the way home..cruised between 105 and 115 mph as the bumps allowed as sson as I cross the Mississippi on the way back I get a ton of Text messeges..everyone asking if I got the plane and am I going to buzz their house's well that was the plan anyways..so I turned towar the first house on the list and Gary headed back to M48,..I got to the airport about 5:30 set up for a 3 point no flaps..held her about 2 foot off the runway to midfield then powered up and went around,..set up the same way and let the speed bleed off until she touched down ..smooth as grease she sit
    "s in a friends hangar right now for the night
    Chase
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by SkyPirate; 10-08-2013 at 09:14 PM.
    Chase
    Model 5 OutBack
    912 UL