Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: headed in AM

Default Re: headed in AM

thanks Sly workin it
    Chase
    Model 5 OutBack
    912 UL

thanks Jimmy..polished the gear and gave her her first bath today the photo is my youngest wiping the underside with chammie cloth
    Chase
    Model 5 OutBack
    912 UL

Chase, Ya did it!!! Congratulations, she looks great!! Enjoy the journey!!
    Grover Wright
    Flying a KF IV-1200
    ROTAX 912UL

Thanks Grover cant wait to hit the first fly in possibly this week end weather permitting
    Chase
    Model 5 OutBack
    912 UL

You got great help there Chase. You two made it look shiny and new.

Madison is the perfect height for touching up the under sides of those wings. That job kills my back even on the tri-gear.

I expect Dad will have to fashion some seat cushions just for her to use during flights to pancake breakfasts. She's got to see over the panel if she's going to pinch hit for dad on those long cross country's.

You know that paint scheme is going to grow on you. I like it. Very photogenic.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

empty weight is 750 ..its registered LSA so 1320 gross
    Just saw this. 750lbs. is not bad. Someone tried to keep it light.

What is your empty weight. Reason, a friend wants to try using a Series V fuselage and put everything else from a Model IV on it to set a low empty weight record for a wide body.
    That's a worthy goal Lowell but the bar has been set pretty high, or should I say low. He'll have to beat 693 lbs.
    DesertFox1 built his Vixen to that weight. Yes it can be done.

That will give your friend a goal to shoot for.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

Quote Originally Posted by Av8r3400 View Post
    Not to hijack, but what do you mean? Same wings for both, what's the difference?
    That's the point exactly. There is a lot more than wings on these two airplanes. And where does the difference lie? My buddies first IV weighed 604 lbs empty. Take a bare bones IV fuselage and a bare bones V fuselage, the IV's 604 and Chase's V at 750 as a starting point. Same wing on both as you say, does the V fuselage weigh 150 lbs more than the IV or is the weight difference in the other components. And Chase's 750 is a great number, by the way, compared to what is commonly reported on the wide bodies.

It would just be a fun experiment especially if registered as ELSA.
    Lowell Fitt
    Goodyear, AZ

My You Tube Channel

The builder of my 5 " is also an engineer, we discussed what he did and didnt do, it has a very basic panel, which still needs cleaning up, no transponder or panel radio, he didnt put the ribs in the vertical stab or rudder, i had said if he used an industrial foam an put a thin cap strip on the tail ribs he might have been able to use them all and saved weight, he also changed out the strut plate rivets to the industrial high shear rivets, didnt know the part# off the top of his head but they are the rivets that leave the core intact after pulled, everything he did use is high end, at the time of the build, scott 3200 tail wheel, cleveland brakes/wheels, he did put brake cylinders on both sides at the pedals, so weight could be saved by putting them on the left side only , he sloshed the tanks after thinning it with MEK, it has the plastic header tank which i an changing out to an aluminum one made out of .030 3003 alum. It has electric trim, and he had a new actuator that he gave me with the purchase, it is a powdercoated fuselage, warp prop 3 blade, he used the .093 lexan, he put the composite door panels on, the single door latch at mid bottom,

A little something to go by
    Chase
    Model 5 OutBack
    912 UL

DF 4 , Steve Maddie is very excited about getting her hands on the stick she is already telling me what she is going to teach me lol
    Chase
    Model 5 OutBack
    912 UL

DF4 here she is trying on the seat
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Chase
    Model 5 OutBack
    912 UL