Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: New Home!

Default New Home!

No plane, just a personal update. Well, we arrived safe in our new home area, Sierra Vista, AZ. At least for the next few years. Excited to start the new job and get settled in. Looking for some events in the area that are drivable as I still haven't purchased a plane yet! I'll join the EAA soon and get involved there, but anything else, Kitfox or otherwise, would be good. Loving this forum...keep 'me flying folks!
    Chris Holaday
    Looking at the Model 5 or newer for size!

Default Re: New Home!

Chris, Is this a new assignment or the start of a civilian career? Good luck with either.

Dick B

Thanks Dick B. New assignment, and hopefully the last. Four years until retirement, so we'll see.
    Chris Holaday
    Looking at the Model 5 or newer for size!

When you get up up Tucson, one day at the Pima Air Museum and another day looking around the aircraft bone yards.

lots of old west history near you. Tombstone, Bisbee, Cochise's Strong hold, Fort Bowie. Some real old like Coronado and Cortez at the Coronado National monument. Carr house just up Carr canyon is pretty interesting.

I like to stay at the Gadsden hotel in Douglas. They say Pauncho Villa once rode his horse up the marble stairs in the lobby.

So your're at Fort Hauchuca, the original Buffalo Soldier Fort.
    Last edited by t j; 10-06-2013 at 03:52 PM.
    Tom Jones
    Classic 4 builder

Welcome to Arizona Chris. You should plan to be at CopperState fly in coming up soon.

In its 41st year, this year’s fly-in — scheduled for Thurs., Oct. 24, 2013 - Sat., Oct. 26, 2013 at the Casa Grande Municipal Airport in Casa Grande, Arizona.

http://www.copperstate.org

Guarantee you'll get to see some nice Kitfox specimens. Maybe even a radial equipped model 4. John and Deb McBean should be in for the show too.
    Always a good time.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear