Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: flaperon resting on supoort member

Default flaperon resting on supoort member

I have a model 1 with model 2 wings. When they are folded back in the transport position the I/B leading edge rests on the airframe structural member that runs left to right behind the seat. I have noticed that when they are folded back there is a 2 1/2" difference in height at the O/B end anyone else have this problem

Default Re: flaperon resting on supoort member

Pretty much normal in the earlier models - no personal experience with the later ones. Back in the day, it was advised to adjust the rod ends to get them closer. Then someone asked why. Since they are rigged for flight, wouldn't rigging them for ground esthetics be counter productive. Then it was advised to adgust the rigging only if there was interference with folding the wings. Both of my Model IVs were as you describe. Since I only folded to get the airplane to the test flying airport and once a year thereafter for the annual. It was easy for me to leave them alone.
    Lowell Fitt
    Goodyear, AZ

My You Tube Channel