Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Carb Spring brackets

Default Carb Spring brackets

Hello everyone, I am still looking for pictures for the carburetor spring bracket install. I have a series 6 and had to swap the manifolds and carbs, (side to side). IT looks like that might have changed with the series 7 and SS 7. So I'm looking for anyone with a series 4,5,or 6! Would anyone have pics for this? I would be extremely grateful!!!
    My manual Pics are almost black and basically no help. A picture is still worth a 1000 words!

Thanks
    Patrick Series 6 Builder

Default Re: Carb Spring brackets

Here are a couple pics of the series 6 carb setup. Is this what you are looking for?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Two pictures I Found from ours Dj
    Dj Series 6

Quote Originally Posted by hansedj View Post
    Two pictures I Found from ours Dj

yes!!! thats exactly it! Would you have a picture of the inboard side as well?

Thanks !

Patrick Series 6 builder

Quote Originally Posted by War Eagle View Post
    Here are a couple pics of the series 6 carb setup. Is this what you are looking for?

On my 6 I had to swap the manifold and carb from side to side to make room for the oil tank that sits in the center. Your kitfox is a 7 Correct?

hansedj pics matched what I have!

Thanks for helping though!
    Patrick

that's the only ones I could find, I won't be able to get to the hangar until next weekend. I will take pictures if you don't have anything by then.
    Dj Series 6

I am confused. I don't remember the need for any brackets like this on my SS7.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by jiott View Post
    I am confused. I don't remember the need for any brackets like this on my SS7.

Jim
    yeah for some reason it changed going into the 7 and ss-7, I'm thinking since they moved the oil tank to the outside on yours they left the manifolds and carbs alone.

Patrick

Does it not also depend on whether you fit the air box not?
    Dave Holl
    Building Kitfox MK7
    Rotax 912ULS

Dave H,

That is correct......with the airbox in place the carbs are completely secured and cannot move....no need for the retaining springs.

The attached photo from the front of the plane shows a clamp in the center front of the airbox which affixes the airbox to the engine ring.

The second photo from the side shows (on the far side) the airbox tube attaching to the carb with a rubber hose and clamps.

With the three points attached - the carbs are completely locked in place.

The Airbox is not cheap; but in addition to securing the carbs it permits the engine to develope its rated 100 hp - according to Rotax, without the airbox the engine is rated at 95 HP (according to rotax)

The Airbox also provides switched inlet air for either carb heat or alternate air....mine is currently hooked up as alternate air from under the cowl with a screen in place to keep the foreign matter out of the system.

Sincerely,

Dave S
    KF7 trigear
    912ULS Warp Drive