Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Turtle Deck Storage

Default Turtle Deck Storage

Anyone have any good ideas for storing the turtle deck on an S7 when not in use. It is all plastic and I am concerned about cracking or shatering it.

Default Re: Turtle Deck Storage

we left ours in the box until it was time to assemble and by then the plane was almost done. when not on the plane I would stand it against the wall. it is made of lexan and will not crack as easy as the windshield or door glass. also instead of riveting the "wings" on the turtle deck we over sized the holes and used ss pan head screws and locking nuts with nylon washers.

Default Re: Turtle Deck Storage

if I'm trailering the plane I would wrap my turtle deck in a blanket and stuff it in the back seat of the truck,..if I am folding the wings for more space in the hangar I wrapped it in a blanket and set it upside down on the roof of the canopy,..stuffing it inside the plane there are too many things that can happen ,..especially if your in and out of the plane doing something to the panel or?