Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Introducing C-FSXT

Default Introducing C-FSXT

Hi guys,

Just wanted to post a few pics of my new plane... it's been a long process getting it imported into Canada but I finally received my Certificate of Airworthiness and took her up for the first flight earlier this week.

The plane is a 1995 Kitfox Model IV with a Speedster tail powered by an 80 HP Rotax 912. I bought the plane from a forum member in Massachussetts. I went on a massive road trip across the continent to pick it up in May. Since then I have been going through the import/MDRA inspection process.

The previous owner had some nice vinyl "Kitfox" graphics on the side, but I had to remove them to install the Canadian registration letters.

Now my goal is to learn to fly it well. I took it up on Tuesday and flew it from Red Deer, AB down to Innisfail to practice some landings on the grass before attempting to land on pavement. The landings were passable but I definitely was a little rusty. It flew great though, and I plan on doing a lot of flying in this little airplane.

Thanks,
    Randy
    (Sylvan Lake, Alberta, Canada)

Default Re: Introducing C-FSXT

Welcome C-FSXT it sounds like you have already made your owner proud to be a kitfox flier ! keep up the good work!!

Sweet looking 4 alberta_kitfox

Good looking airplane. You'll have lots of fun in your future!
    Steve Wilson
    Huntsville, UT
    Kitfox 85DD
    912A / 3 Blade Taper Tip Warp Drive
    Convertible Nosewheel & Tailwheel
    SkySteve's SPOT Page
    SkySteve's You Tube Videos

Hey Randy, if you are ever near Edmonton with it, shoot me a message. I would love to pay for some gas for a ride.

Will do, Esser. I've got to stay within 25 nm of Red Deer for the first 5 hours, but after that I'll be able to venture further from home. I don't have a transponder but could probably fly into Villeneuve or Cooking Lake depending on which part of Edmonton you live in.

Hey Randy / Josh,
    Congrates on new ride. I had the pleasure to visit with Josh and Natalie in Edmonton to see work in progress. I have never seen a Fox that is finished. If you are going to be in Red Deer or Innisfail please PM me so that I can come out and have a look. I live 3 miles straight east of Red Deer Airport. I will be ordering an SS7 in the near future, just trying to finish up 1955 Chevy rebuild that is in paint now. Wife says one project at a time except her job jar seems to get larger every day. Go figure 403-896-0404

Sounds like a plan flipper_53, I am up in Fort McMurray for the next week or so but I will send you a message the next time I am at the airport.

All this talk of Red Deer is bringing back a number of memories. I really need to visit that city again, it's been too long.

Nice Kitfox too!

Congrats Randy. Enjoy every flight.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

Hey Randy, I live just south of the new airport they are putting in. It's about half way between international and Villineuve. Construction started yesterday and they runway should be built in 45 days as long as the weather keeps up.