Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Console and tool boxes

Default Console and tool boxes

I am putting throttle below panel like most. I made a console to rest my arm on and also to put my emergency items, batt, flash light, radio....I put lighten holes and will cover it with the gray materials.,I think this will also add strength to the center section . I also installed angle around tool box opening, making set bottom strong. I got this,ideal from this site. I am installing heater now
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Re: Console and tool boxes

I'm just in the process of reupholstering mine, I discovered quite a bit of cracking where the fiberglass lip at the front hangs over the frame tubes.
    A bit of a surprise, and I'm glad I checked it after these almost 10 years
    flying.

As a fix:

I layed up about six layers of glass over it, and riveted in some aluminum
    doublers where the tie fasteners go. I'm also going to use pretty hefty tie
    wraps in the future.

Regards,
    Jeff Hays

Default Re: Console and tool boxes

I have some carbon fiber tape that I am going to install at these area. My tool boxes are only 1/2 between tool box and bottom frame tube. I am putting a thick rubber block to support boxes. If the seat would ever break, the tool boxes would prevent the seat falling on ailerons control rod.