Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: 912UL Issues

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: 912UL Issues

I did the whole reassemble in reverse order thing today. I installed the new "spring discs" into the assembly replacing the partially collapsed old ones. There really wasn't anything to photograph with that, so...

I did take a couple of shots of the press tool used to disassemble the gear box shaft assembly.

1st photo: This tool is intended for the "B" Rotax 2-stroke box. This is the same tool they use at LEAF, on the 912/914 boxes too. They told me they modified it to fit the larger box. I didn't want to modify the tool (it isn't mine) so I made some shims to help it fit the larger gear better.

2nd photo: Here is what the tool looks like by itself on the gear.

3rd photo: Here is with the shims to spread out the force on the gear a little more.

You put the assembly in the press, supporting the prop flange and then press on this bridge until the retainer clips release. Easy peasy.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Av8r3400
    Kitfox Model IV
    The Mangy Fox
    912UL 105hp Zipper
    YouTube Videos