Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Wings

Default Wings

I would like to see photos of the wing build and your thoughts of building the wings as opposed to buying the quick build wings.
    If you built your own wings what challenges did you have with the wash out
    Jim

Default Re: Wings

The quick build wings save you about 100 hours of work. The factory does a nice job, and I would say factory wings are worth it. There is still lots of work to be done on the quick build wings.

Tom Waid built his own wings and had a good site that documents it http://tropicaltuba.com/Kitfox%20Pro...ing%20Assembly

I built my own wings and I would say that it is no problem, just a lot of work. I think quick built factory wings save more than 100 hours, maybe 300 or so. Washout is absolutely no issue because you build it into the jig you must make (simple sawhorses and alignment blocks precisely aligned) before assembling the wings.

Jim

I second Jiott, I built my wings it was not difficult at all just takes time, the washout was a non issue very simple to do. if you have the time don't be afraid to tackle it if you don't have as much time and a bit more money go with the quick build wings you will still have plenty of work to do anyways.