Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: PCAS Monroy ATD-300

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Cupar, SK, Canada CLC4 Loon Creek Airfield

Default PCAS Monroy ATD-300

Hi everyone,

I had a close call last week and am considering a passive collision
    avoidance system.

I think my wig wag landing lights and strobes from Aeroleds saved my bacon. the 172 passed level from 1 oclock to my 9 from out of the late evening sun while I was in the downwind of a private unregistered strip. I had completed a position report on the enroute freq a minute or two earlier and changed to the airfield freq and called the downwind, I was completing the landing check, when my passenger called "plane", I looked up to see it go by at the 11 pos 100yds away. I think if I didn't have a passenger , I don't think I would of ever known of it's presence!

I have tried the Zaon XRX last year , but was unable to calibrate its internal compass , it did not like the electonics in my dash, so I sent it back.

I am now considering the Monroy ATD-300 with the externally mounted antenna .

I know of the pcas limitations , but, just maybe one might save an incident, alerting of an aircraft that your mark II eyeballs can't see while your head is swiveling, also a person has to look at the panel once in a while !

Anyone use one of these, are they another useful tool ? Experiences ?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Kevin,

Kitfox Outback
    912 ULS
    Airmaster AP332CTFH-WWR70W
    Summit Aircraft Wheel Skis
    C-FOXW