Quote Originally Posted by DesertFox4 View Post
Steve , I think I've read a couple of our members are running the MGL with good results so far. I'm trying one if my MicroAir goes south for any reason.
Lowell might have one in his new model 4 if my memory hasn't completely failed me.
I've been watching this. I had the V-10 and it went south on the flight down to the Desert Fox Fly-in. Unlike Steve, I couldn't transmit. The receiver worked fine. I could hear the click, but no noise out and the transmit icon on the radio didn't indicate transmit.

Long story - I sent the radio back for repairs using the approved procedure. After a week or two, I called to see if they received the radio - they did. Repairs would take about three weeks. I called after about a month and was told that it would be a couple more weeks. I called again and they offered me a new radio to replace the old one. That was fine. After another couple of weeks, I called again and they offered me a V-6 to replace the V-10. 2-1/4" vs. 3-1/8 mounting hole and different wiring harness but I went with that. It came in just a few days. The kicker was the knobs for tuning and volume on the V-6. I am an old guy and much prefer turning knobs rather than trying to remember which buttons to push.

Another thing. A friend with the V-6 complained that his was "too sensitive". He has the V-6 in one airplane and a Flightline FL-760 in his other. He says the FL-760 is much more understandable. Checking mine out on transmit, the mic gain from the factory was set way too high resulting in garbled transmission. As I recall, I reset it to minus 7 or 8 and the transmission cleared right up. I suggested he check the mic gain on his. The V-6 has lots of adjustments to fine tune performance and I like it. All in all not a bad experience - I'd do it again.