Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Question about brake line routing

Default Question about brake line routing

I can't picture how the brake line passes through the bottom fabric of the fuselage into the fitting mounted on the front of the landing gear. Is there a short piece of tubing that connects to the landing gear fitting, passes through the fabric and into another fitting that is laying loosely on the inside of the fuselage? If the tubing simply comes from the master brake cylinder through the center tunnel and lays under the floor board, how does it pass through the fabric at a right angle? Thanks for the explanation. A picture would be helpful. I've been trying to position oil lines, radiator hoses, heater hoses to avoid chaffing, binding, and being too close to the exhaust system...figuring it all out hasn't been easy.

Default Re: Question about brake line routing

Jeff,

I ran the brake lines from the brake cylinders, routed through the fuselage, through a hole in the fabric melted with a soldering iron and connected to the gear....all one piece of tubing. Where the tubing penetrated the fabric on the floor I used a dollop of red RTV (the high temp stuff used for sealing up the edges of firesleeve...automotive equivalent) to secure and seal the point. BTW - red RTV works quite well for securing a lot of other stuff too.

Sincerely,

Dave S

Default Re: Question about brake line routing

I used two cable fairings (plastic from Kitfox), used normal fabric procedures to attach to the bottom out side of fuselage
    about 4 inches ahead of gear and routed straight to the gear with
    straight hyd fitting. No bends under the seat pan and fabric penetration
    is within the fairing.