Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Airventure 2013

Default Re: Airventure 2013

Yes, see you then, we are in row 310 home built camping.
    Dorsal ~~^~~
    Series 7 - Tri-Gear
    912 ULS Warp Drive

I'm gonna miss it, damn. I am working down at ultralight area tomorrow mid day...

I'll be there Thursday evening, though.
    Av8r3400
    Kitfox Model IV
    The Mangy Fox
    912UL 105hp Zipper
    YouTube Videos

Larry, drooled all over your bird today. The nose prints in the bubble door are mine. :-)

Where are you working tomorrow in the ultralight area? I'm camped right on the road in from the check in. As you turn right I'm on the left ... Blue Tahoe and grey Prius ... Green tent up front, blue easy up covering the mess hall.

Anyone here, feel free to call me, dying to meet up with sone if you who have helped me so much so far....

651-214-5610

Denny

Pretty good turnout at around a dozen, naturally I forgot to get a picture.
    Dorsal ~~^~~
    Series 7 - Tri-Gear
    912 ULS Warp Drive

I have put some stuff on my blog including some pictures. Plan to be here until Sunday. If you're here, I'm in homebuilt camping row 307

Hank

http://www.flyinglowandslow.com/blog/

Hank,
    Very nice blog and photos. I love your cabin cover. Did you design and make it yourself? Looks like it provides lots of protection from sun, dust and rain.
    Steve Wilson
    Huntsville, UT
    Kitfox 85DD
    912A / 3 Blade Taper Tip Warp Drive
    Convertible Nosewheel & Tailwheel
    SkySteve's SPOT Page
    SkySteve's You Tube Videos

Just returned home from Airventure. Had a great time and enjoyed meeting a few fellow Kitfoxers including Dorsal, who I camped behind. Great to talk to the McBean's and nice of them to provide the dinner gathering on Thursday night.

Maybe we'll do it again next year.
    Mike Bentley
    Model IV-1200
    Jabiru 2200A #438
    Rotec Aerosport LCH Heads
    Ellison EFS-2 Throttle Body
    Prince Prop (64x34)
    My SPOT Page

Just got home. Sadly missed most if you but hooked up with dorsal and Larry and a few more roundabout ways. Love the KF community and had a great time talking to John and Debra. Plus I got to drool all over you KFs Tay actually fl, unlike mine. Lol.

Safe travels to all. Greasy side down. Planning on coming to Copperstate this fall.

Denny

The cabin cover is from Kitfox Aircraft. Just got it a month or two ago. It does give lots of protection, prevents anyone from being able to see in and keeps the interior and the avionics MUCH cooler.

OK, here we go. I had a fantastic time at OSH. I met up with everybody for lunch and we had a good time. stopped in and talked with John at the kitfox tent. some real nice airplanes there. My flight over was a non event. although I'm sure most of you would not be able to keep up. My flight level was an average of 9.5 sucking on o2. burn rate was 7.2 and ground speed 185kts. ooops. I was not in the kitfox. I left out thursday morning and got to KRAP rapid city sd. and rented a car and did the tour thing for a couple days there. On saturday morning we wanted to get home and had to wait it out until the clouds cleared, I kept staring at the rotating beacon, finally it stopped turning. I think I was out of there in 3 minutes. flying west we had solid clouds flying at 10.5 with flight following. we made it into shariton wy. fueled and found a couple guys flying a float plane waiting for billings to open before taking off. I left out and went again up to 10.5 and had solid covering below me. Salt lake said billings was still socked in. I had clear skies for helena mt. my destination. landed fueled. that's how I cross country, many stops and fuel each time. stops for weather checks and personal relief. took off and headed for spokane. things were pretty clear through KMSO but as we got close to spokane mullan pass was socked with low clouds, I 90 was out of the question with heavy ran and I was getting it. I looked to the south of me and using the terrain of my gps was able to squeek through a trench for the st. joe river. I came in through there with low clouds over st. maries into cda than into spokane. doing the low and slow the whole way. very cool doing the kitfox thing in an rv. my kind of flying. anyway we made it home with over 3000 miles under my belt. had a nice time.