Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: questions for you guys

Smile questions for you guys

i have came into a couple set of plans and some misc 'stuff' looks like i have plans for a Model 2 and i would like to start building, as my youngest boy and me are pretty excited about working on this project! my youngest is 8 and sure likes the looks of the kitfoxes! we want a fun plane that we can jump into the field and do back country flying around here in ND. looking at the plans for the rudder, do you think it would be beneficial to put some curvature into the model 2 rudder? from what i can see on the board that they kinda lack authority in the rudder department, we don't want a hi tech or a speed demon, but if i can make a beneficial upgrade i would, so is it beneficial to have some some depth and profile to the rudder over a flat profile? thank you for your time!
    Micheal in ND

simple but effective

Default Re: questions for you guys

I had a model 2, it flew ok with flat tail surfaces, and i could slip
    It nose high full right rudder, she slipped perfectly, at the speeds that the model 2 fly's, it 's fine the way it was designed for local short field flying, gap seals made a difference on both elevator and rudder but werent really needed, it's a sub 100 mph airplane

thank you very much, i will just plan on staying with the plans then, thanks very much.
    micheal

Quote Originally Posted by h-m View Post
    i have came into a couple set of plans and some misc 'stuff' looks like i have plans for a Model 2 and i would like to start building, as my youngest boy and me are pretty excited

simple but effective
    Just for the record... There has never been plans offered for any of the Kitfox models.
    John McBean
    www.kitfoxaircraft.com

"The Sky is not the Limit... It's a Playground"

hi all, i don't know the exact origin of what i have, came from a bunch of misc stuff picked up at a storage place cleanout, there is some ref to a kitfox mod 2 in the docs and drawings with titles RAV- so yes it maybe isn't directly a kitfox then. darn it. there are dates as far back as 1989 on some of the stuff there, so i don't know if that came from kitfox or somewhere else but it sure matches discriptions etc of a kitfox. i hope someone paid someone in the past for the plans, they look authentic, but you know how that goes.

micheal

I watch Barn Dreamers almost every day, at times there are 10 to 20 kitfox listed at a time , and sometimes the sellers put them in the LSA or experimental catagories instead of the kitfox catagory

wow, thanks guys, i will start watching barnstormers also. thanks for turning me on to that site! thanks for all the info.
    i appreciate it.

micheal