Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Instructors responce on Kitfox/LSA

Default Re: Instructors responce on Kitfox/LSA

Yes that quote definitely deserved a big "LIKE"

OK.. Thought you guys might like this.. these are bumper stickers we made several years ago.. 2003

Not sure I have any left..
    Attached Images Attached Images
    John McBean
    www.kitfoxaircraft.com

"The Sky is not the Limit... It's a Playground"

Like👍👍👍👍👍👍👍

Anyone else in favor of funding a resurrection of those bumper stickers besides me? If only to send the first copy to Jason's preeminently pompous proctor of pilotage professorials?

"Everything of note was first built by an amateur; the "professionals" came later just to jack the price up!"

"E.T."

Kitfox5V here, I'm in. Will buy a dozen or so. I got a few to send myself, First instructor, ex wife, current wife, parents, children. List is too long

Quote Originally Posted by kitfox5v View Post
    Kitfox5V here, I'm in. Will buy a dozen or so. I got a few to send myself, First instructor, ex wife, current wife, parents, children. List is too long
    LOL...if that's the list we need to go by, send me a case of em.
    Dan B
    Mesa, AZ

Well this is my first post to this forum. The primary reason I am writing is to endorse the recommendation to use Paul L from Stick and Rudder. I live in
    Australia and flew to Idaho in May to visit the Kitfox factory and fly with Paul for a few hours to help me make a decision about the Kitfox. Not only did I enjoy about 9 hours flying with Paul over three days, but I also flew in John Mc Bean's plane so I had the benefit of comparing engines. And, yes, I have ordered a KItfox! Having recently sold a Mooney M20J which I loved, I wanted to do different type of flying - Mooney's are great for what they do - Kitfox's are great for what they do. I learnt a lot from the Mooney Pilots association programs BUT it was like learning from scratch in the Kitfox - not that it's difficult - just different. AND we were flying fairly warm conditions in the mountains with very acceptable performance - and I am heavier than Paul so we had a good weight up. My point is, select the aircraft for the mission and learn to understand the plane and its characteristics and performance. For instructors - like the one you encountered - to use one narrow and rigid framework for evaluating the worthiness of an aircraft, is worrying. My Mooney friends (who are nearly all 1000hr plus IR pilots who own their planes) are very supportive and interested in my decision. They love flying and understand that their are many different missions for which aircraft have been designed.

All good advice here Jason. Looking forward to building my Kitfox and picking brains of the knowledgable people on this forum. thanks in advance!

Ross

Welcome Rossir. Post often and enjoy the build of your new plane!
    Av8r3400
    Kitfox Model IV
    The Mangy Fox
    912UL 105hp Zipper
    YouTube Videos

Wow Jason,
    I came in late and just read that foul report from the "instructor.", I have a Kitfox Model IV 1200 with a 912. I bought it pre built and flown. I flew it for 450 hours out of my mountain strips in Clark Fork Idaho. I have flown it in all types of weather, on wheels and on skis. The plane is a dream to own. It answers the needs of my must haves list on every point and I enjoy the ownership.
    I am currently upgrading some things on the plane and will be airborn within the month. Would love to see you flying a Kitfox and enjoying mountain flying, fun flying, utility flying, commuter flying, d just plain ... flying.
    Go with Paul, he taught me how to fly the IV. He's grand.

I went to boise for training with stick and rudder. since my 7 is tri gear, he borrowed a tri gear plane from kitfox aircraft. I had not flown in over 3 years, and then it was Cessna 172. after training I made first flight in my plane. No suprises, all went well. I strongly recommend stick and rudder