Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Boroscope

Default Boroscope

I just received a fiber optic boroscope that I ordered from ebay. The cost is $16.95 and includes shipping.

It is a 7mm fiber optic camera with a led light that is controllable, and connects to a computer (I use a small laptop at the hanger) using a 6 foot long usb connection. It captures photograph of the image or will even do videos.

I was skeptical, but thought I would give it a try, if it works, it's a good deal, if not, I'm not out that much.

IT WORKS GREAT.

I was showing it off to the guys at the airport and they all wanted the info for ordering one for themselves. the ebay item number is 400488806364.

I can highly recommend adding this to your tool box.

GREAT TOOL FOR A GREAT PRICE

Louie

Default Re: Boroscope

Many thanks for the tip!
    It i just what I need to look inside the tubes of a broken fuselage to make the corrosion inspection.

Ulf

I just ordered one. I want to use it to inspect the piston tops and exhaust side of the rings on my Rotax two stroke. I seem to do more damage than good when I pull the cylinders off at each condition inspection time. Just the gaskets coast over $50 now so its already paid for itself.
    Tom Jones
    Classic 4 builder

Let me know what you think of it when it arrives.

I'm sure you will love it

Louie

Thumbs up Re: Boroscope

Thank's for the tip I just ordered one. I have some issues with my tail wheel bolt, and this will come in real handy.

Dutch

Thumbs up Re: Boroscope

Nice one Louie I placed order for one.Allways thought something like would be usefull,but would cost a fortune.
    Fred

My supereyes camera was delivered today. I ordered one week ago. I'm a dinosaur when it comes to computers so my wife installd the software in about 2 minutes. after fiddle farting with the settings for about a half hour I took it out in the shop and looked down the spark plug holes of a snowmobile engine. It works pretty good. I can push the cord around to get a good look around down there. it takes a little trying for me to get it in the right place if I want to snap a picture. Anyhow, I give it two thumbs up. Heres a picture of the exhaust side of the top of the piston. pretty cool! very good item considering the low price.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Tom Jones
    Classic 4 builder

Umm... looks kinda dark in there.
    Dorsal ~~^~~
    Series 7 - Tri-Gear
    912 ULS Warp Drive

there is an LED light with a switch on the camera end. I had the light on but all the settings set to default which appear to be mid range. There are brightness, sharpness, contrast and some more that I don't know what they mean. I'll definetly have to do some experimenting. The image on the lap top screen was much better that the picture I snapped.
    Tom Jones
    Classic 4 builder

Talking Re: Boroscope

You'd better ask your wife for help again!
    Russ
    Model IV Speedster
    912UL IVO IFA
    RV6A
    Needle, Ball and Airspeed
    Maybe a little GPS