Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Western North Carolina owners

Thumbs up Western North Carolina owners

Hi I am located in western NC and I am considering buying/building a Kitfox but would like to get a closer look or possibly a flight in a Kitfox. I am a private pilot with some tail wheel experience. Anyone close to my area mind letting me come out and look at your Kitfox please let me know asap. 828-817-0412 or mitch@downandlocked.com Thanks Mitch Stott

Default Re: Western North Carolina owners

Welcome to the site, there is a members map listed in the forums , just incase some members dont log on often, you can see who is close to you on this map, there is a list for the different color bubble markers on the bottom of the map as to which model kitfox the member might be flying or has an interest in

Thanks Skypirate I have looked at the map and noticed the color legend. I clicked on a couple of bubbles and it displays the tail number.

I suppose the intent is to take this number to the FAA website and search for the owner of that particular aircraft,or is there another method of determining the owner and or gaining contact information from the map. Thanks Mitch

If you have an iphone download the app "aviation files" no spaces, it will give you owner and aircraft info, there are 3 maps on the map site, im not sure how they are all formatted for info but the first map has names and locations and type kitfox

Once you have the name ,( screen name) you can look it up on members list and send them a private message, on aviation files app sometimes it lists phone number , but definitely owners name and sometimes address

Not to steal the thread, but, good to hear from you again SkyPirate. Nice to see you are back on the forum.

Dick B

Hi Dick thanks for the welcome back :-)

hi flyingdragracer, good to have you join the forum. I'm not from western nc but on the coast of north Carolina. I live at pilots ridge "03nc". we are 10 km. south of Wilmington nc"kilm". jim hunter and I built an ss7 and first flew it last year. would be glad to take you for a ride anytime we can work it out.you can call me at 910/471/9026.

Some of my ole stomping grounds around wilmington , good flying there too

still good flying skypirate, as with all of this great country of ours.

yes sir James,.. been awhile since I was down that way though,..my daughter is still in Raleigh,..I miss the circle track racing now n then,.but then I think of how much it costs and don't miss it as much ha ha