Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Western North Carolina owners

Default Re: Western North Carolina owners

Ah Ha I got it I looked below and there was a place just below submit button that will allow you to upload images. Mitch

I see it ..AWESOME oops hit the cap lock

ok Im a visual kinda guy and I'll confirm the envy is swelling in me now that looks great

And one from the outside and another from the inside

ok ...your going to be styling she is a beauty
    I think I remember seeing it on Barn Dreamers now,..

Oklahoma,..
    Last edited by SkyPirate; 06-30-2013 at 08:41 PM.

Thanks Skypirate I really enjoy the friendships that can be made on these forums and you guys have been great. I think you do understand now why I decided to buy instead of build,as i said before it is truly one on the more beautiful airplanes I have seen.

Quote Originally Posted by SkyPirate View Post
    ok ...your going to be styling she is a beauty
    I think I remember seeing it on Barn Dreamers now,..

Oklahoma,..
    Barn dreamers that is pretty funny and lord only knows the hours I have spent doing just that dreaming of airplanes. I got to get to bed its been a long day and i have a shop full of work tomorrow. Mitch

agreed on the friendships,..allot of great guys on here,..and I'll second thatm,, she certainly is a beautiful aircraft

how can you sleep? I'd be throthing at the bit to get that plane home~! ha ha I hear you..got a full day here tomorrow too

Guys my local A&P is driving me crazy wanting me to buy a Maule instead of the Kitfox I was looking at one previously and had asked him about them and he is still insisting that is what I should do he called me today talking about it.

My only reason for the Maule is the rear seat and I may want to carry more than myself and the wife occasionally. What is the general opinion of the Maule Franklin 220 hp versus the Kitfox Continental 125 hp

Cupar, SK, Canada CLC4 Loon Creek Airfield

Hi,

I looked at a Maule as an option to what I want to do.

The Maules I looked at were in the 60 000 price range.

The KF was cheaper there, and then there is the fuel burn and maintenance cost differences.

So just looking at cost, you can't beat the KF .

After owning my fox for 3 yrs I have now become biased and don't believe there is any other aircraft that I'd rather own ! except maybe a model 7
    Kevin,

Kitfox Outback
    912 ULS
    Airmaster AP332CTFH-WWR70W
    Summit Aircraft Wheel Skis
    C-FOXW

Hi Kmach that is the kind of information or comparison I am looking for. The only difference in your experience is I have found a very nice Maule for $39000.00 and the Kitfox series 6 continental powered I am considering is priced at $58000.00

I agree on the future maintenance and fuel burn cost of the Maule I guess what I really want to know is have any of you guys owned both and what would your comparison be based on overall flying enjoyment.

For me the ability to just swing the doors open during flight and cruise around at lower airspeeds seems like just the thing I want, Then again the ability to carry extra cargo and or the family dog seems a little less selfish when considering that the rest of the family can get enjoyment from it also when using it to fly to the coast for a seafood dinner etc. The majority of my flying will be solo I am sure on those late evenings when I just want to go up and relax but on those occasions when more than one other person would enjoy going I will need the Maule. Boy am I confused.