Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Western North Carolina owners

Default Re: Western North Carolina owners

Mitch,..Im guessing your near Columbus somewhere,..on the map there are 2 listed model 7/SS's,... CPC would be the ident for the airport near Columbus,..so anyone reading the thread if you can hook him up if CPC isn't too far....

ok that isn't right ...that's Columbus county,...33A Fairview would be the right ident and its 215 nm from you James

Thanks guys for the help I have talked with Jimmy from Wilmington and he was a great help in discussing the Kitfox 3benny3 is very close to me and sent me a private message to which I have returned a call but haven't heard back as of yet.

Skypirate I did download the app you suggested and I think it will be a help so thank you very much for that. I haven't located the other maps you suggested on the kitfox forums.

I can say this is all exciting and I truly appreciate the help from everyone. But I haven't secured a ride or a viewing just yet so keep the suggestions coming.

Fairview 33A is about 15 miles from my location also close by is Rutherford airport KFQD Thanks again Mitch
    Last edited by flyingdragracer; 06-28-2013 at 09:51 PM.

That app is pretty handy once you start looking for any plane to purchase, it lists the serial number also which is needed for checking the history of a plane.
    This site's archives are a great resource for builders if you choose to build instead of buying a flying kitfox also.
    , if you build , i cant wait to see the paint scheme wrinkle tire landing gear? Ha ha drag chute? Just kidding some mini D-60 hoosiers would be cool

Chase

Thanks guys for all the help and suggestions. I have found a local owner about 35 miles away that is going to give me a up close look and a ride this evening around 8:30 I will let everyone know how it went after the show and tell.

Skypirate I might consider your suggestions on the Hoosier slicks etc LOL

I retired from professional drag racing in 2004 if you search me on the net you will find a little about my past racing career. About 4 years ago I started a manufacturing company producing R/C aircraft components called Down and Locked. I have been interested in aviation for about 40 years both full scale and R/C I hold a private pilot license and have owned a Cessna 172 a Preceptor Ultra Pup and various ultralight type aircraft.

I have always Liked the Kitfox and I have decided it's time to have one, so I am off to see if I like them as much as I think I do. Mitch

Thanks guys for all the help and suggestions. I have found a local owner about 35 miles away that is going to give me a up close look and a ride this evening around 8:30 I will let everyone know how it went after the show and tell.

Skypirate I might consider your suggestions on the Hoosier slicks etc LOL

I retired from professional drag racing in 2004 if you search me on the net you will find a little about my past racing career. About 4 years ago I started a manufacturing company producing R/C aircraft components called Down and Locked. I have been interested in aviation for about 40 years both full scale and R/C I hold a private pilot license and have owned a Cessna 172 a Preceptor Ultra Pup and various ultralight type aircraft.

I have always Liked the Kitfox and I have decided it's time to have one, so I am off to see if I like them as much as I think I do. Mitch

I hear you Mitch, i did a little circle track racing ran a ford ha ha
    Cool on the RC products , i've own quite a few ultra lights had a model 2 that still today i kick myself for selling it , Dennis Sawyer built it , he is on Red Bulls flying team, he wishes he hadnt sold it too.
    Im going to guess you have a huge grin about 8:45 :-D

skypirate where did you race in nc.? I ran dirt thru the 70's and early 80's around eastern nc. was out of racing till my son wanted to go racing in 1998. we ran the nascar goodys dash series for eight years till nascar threw the series in the ditch. then we ran the uara late model series for a couple of years. my son had a c.o.d sponsorship. CASH ON DAD.

I raced at Southern national speedway in kenly, also built a few nascart gokart tracks, one in jacksonville, its now a parking lot from what i hear, did allot of welding for Bobby Goodson if you watch the tv show swamp loggers, nh i did some welding on the track dryers at loudon, my daughters grand father was on buddy bakers pit crew for 10 years and i helped out a couple times on Kirk Leons pit, he was up to run hooters, i dont know if he made it or not, i didnt keep up with racing much after i left NC

Last i heard Kirk had bought southern national or was going to,.. That was 2004 or 05

It was allot of fun racing i did OK at least top 10 finishes, im a disabled vet and had to have my right leg rebuilt in mid 90's so sold my car and got back into airplanes

kirk did buy southern national, was also in real estate . he lost the track a while back. I understand he lost everything. don't know what he's doing know.