Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Battery Strap

Default Battery Strap

I am building a SS7 and wondering if anyone can describe, or better yet, has a picture on how they installed their battery strap? Mine is a piece of flat stainless stock. I don't seem to have any instructions nor pictures of how it is 'properly' installed.

Thanks
    -Mike Kraus
    RV-4 built and sold :-(
    RV-10 built and flying
    KitFox SS7 built and flying and now on amphib floats!

Default Re: Battery Strap

Mine's a classic 4. No instructions that I could find in my manual either. I just made 90 degree bends to wrap it around the battery box. another 90 degree bend on one end and secure it with a 1032 machine screw and nylock nut.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Tom Jones
    Classic 4 builder

Mike,

I wish I had a better photo, but at least this will provide some idea. the S7 instructions called for mounting on the starboard side firewall. Although I fabricated an aluminum battery box rather than using the plastic one, the installation and location including the SS strap was similar to the instructions. There is a single screw on top going through the firewall and into a nut riveted into the firewall from the back side. The strap is one piece wrapping all the way around the battery box and the screw goes through both ends of the strap at the top. I used two cushion clamps (one on the side and one on the bottom) to the battery box from the engine mount to secure the battery box in addittion to the strap.

Sincerely,

Dave S
    KF7 Trigear
    912ULS Warp Drive

St Paul, MN

First time trying to attach a photo so here goes. My manual has pretty clear instructions.

To follow back up with my solution.... My battery box is a bit different than some shown here.... I have a SS7 and fabbed up a battery box strap as shown. The center strap is flush riveted on the inside and I'll end up using AN3-4A bolts with washers to secure.... Now time to finish paint and install it!!

-Mike Kraus
    RV-4 built and sold :-(
    RV-10 built and flying
    KitFox SS7 built and flying and now on amphib floats!