Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: model 3 converted to model 4 speedster

Default Re: model 3 converted to model 4 speedster

Sky pirate asked the performance difference. my airport is 1000 m.s.l. I can get about 1200 f p m buy myself full of fuel at 70 mph with a 912 ul ivo prop at is low pitch setting. it will cruise at 115 mph at 5000 r.p.m. seems like it hits a wall at 115 mph. It will cruise at 100 mph half throttle 4700 r.p.m. Roll rate is very nice, it is very responsive. Stalls at 40 mph clean. Alittle buffeting than the nose drops. I like the decent rate better, much more predicable. Landings are much easyer, i can put her down when I want to. not a floater anymore. still flys well with two 200lb people. One down fall is at about 7000 msl there is not that much to offer with two people, flys slower and maybe can 150 fpm climb. Rough air flying is much better.

Default Re: model 3 converted to model 4 speedster

that sounds great foxkit3 especially the cruise , thanks for the info

the climb rate and better ride in rough air a plus too,..I know in my old model 2 rough air was not a joy to fly in, the under chambered wings didn't smooth any of the roughness out
    Last edited by SkyPirate; 07-02-2013 at 05:09 PM.