Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: First Big Trip!

Default First Big Trip!

After almost 16 years of building and six weeks of flying I am ready to leave on my first big trip. I hope to leave tomorrow morning for the east coast. Likely take a couple of days. Could do it in one but that might take the fun out of it. Is that possible?

I plan to be gone for about a month and then back here for a week or two before heading out again.

Anyway I have updated the blog so there is no reason to repeat it here.

Thanks again for all the help!

http://www.flyinglowandslow.com/blog/

Default Re: First Big Trip!

Henry, nice looking bird. I know all about taking forever to build. My kit is a 5 bought in '98 and i just got started good. I live in S C and would love to see yours when you fly to east coast. I have a grass strip a mile away and Stuckey airport or Lake City airport. Give me a call if you come this way. I'll put you up if you need and get you fuel ect. Thanks Eddie 843-687-0014 anytime cell.

Have fun Henry and safe flight.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

Henry, you are not going to make the east coast in one day. I just flew from central Texas to Barnwell, South Carolina a month ago. It was 14 hrs. It's more fun not hurrying. By the way, how come I never heard from you after the Critter's Lodge Fly In?
    Pete
    Leander, TX
    Model III SN 1000
    Grove

Sorry Pete. I got wrapped up in flying off my 40 hours and getting ready to leave for a month. I finally posted to the blog and put a picture of your A/C up.

I made it to New River Valley, VA. Have a fuel system issue and fog so don't know how long I'll be here. If not for the fuel system problem I would have made it, maybe. May give me time to post some pics.

Hank
    Last edited by henrysamson; 06-05-2013 at 04:53 AM.

Hank,
    If you find yourself in the area stop on by. I have a strip at my house N39 41' 48 W 76 30' 23" the nearest airports are 0P2 and 9W8.
    Nick W
    IV 1200
    912Ul
    Warp Taper Tip

Quote Originally Posted by kitfoxnick View Post
    Hank,
    If you find yourself in the area stop on by. I have a strip at my house N39 41' 48 W 76 30' 23" the nearest airports are 0P2 and 9W8.
    I should be heading up your way during the next month and I'll try to stop by.

Thanks!

Hank

Quote Originally Posted by kitfoxnick View Post
    Hank,
    I may be heading that way in a couple of weeks. I'll be in touch.

Thanks!

Hank