Hello, I recently purchased a piece of land that I have big plans for, and it is next to a small body of water that looks like a L. Each length of the L is about 2000 feet long, and my property line actually extends out into the water, covering a about 2.5-3 acres, with the longest length being about 750 -800 feet. Now the long lengths, I do not own, but there are no houses and only trees surrounding the whole thing. I was thinking, i could come in low off the water, and land as close to the property line as possible, and coast into my water, though that would only give me about 1000 feet total, with trees on one side... If i hit the 2000 foot length strip, i wouldn't really land in my water, and i would have to taxi in. There is only one small rowboat anywhere to be seen around this lake, and no houses or people. the land is owned by timber companies, all except my little plot... Now, I plant to produce some seriously valuable products on my land and use the plane to get it to various large distributions centers in the area, so it would need to be able to land on regular air strips as well... Anyways, I am all really new to this so any advice would be appreciated. I did search the forums and didn't see any numbers for taking off on water, and wondered what people thought about this situation. Also, what kind of mph and mpg can you get with floats on? Floats can land on regular paved runways too, but not in field, is that right?

Thank you and have a wonderful day! I am so excited that I might have this opportunity to fly!!