Hi all,

I’m experiencing some problems with my aircraft comm installation for a couple of months. My aircraft is equipped with the AVCOMM DX-AC6PA intercom and a Microair M760 radio. Everything was working perfectly for a year and a half and then the problem appeared slowly.

It started with bad transmissions. Each time I pressed the PTT the sound was weird in my Zulu headset ant other reported that the transmissions were noisy with crackling. Then, I started to have bad reception. And now, it’s like if I hear all the cabin noise in my headset. Even if I adjust the intercom and radio squelsh it’s very noisy.

I checked all the connectors to ensure everything was properly plugged. I tested it with the engine stopped and the comm seems to be perfect. It’s only in flight. During my last flight I unplugged the micro line of my headset and everything turned quiet. I also tried another headset model to make sure and the problem was still there. So this is not a headset problem.

I searched on the web for similar problem and some have experienced almost the same. It appears by adjusting the mic gain and sidetone on the radio would help but I thought the mic gain would help only when I press the PTT, not during all the flight. Also, is the sidetone and mic gain can disadjust by themselves?

I need your help!!!

Best regards,

Patrick Caron