Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: North East Kitfox Fly-In 2013

Default North East Kitfox Fly-In 2013

So after the weather debacle last year and the fact that CDE2Fly has changed horses things were not looking to good for NEKFFI 2013. That has all changed thanks to tommg13780 who suggested we link up with an existing event in approximately the same location. So this years Fly-In will be at Sidney Airport (N23) on Oct 6 (a fixed date not under our control ). Tom has already negotiated a space for us and I will let him fill you in on the details of the existing event. It is a ways off but I am already looking forward to it, Thanks Tom!
    Last edited by Dorsal; 05-20-2013 at 04:24 PM.
    Dorsal ~~^~~
    Series 7 - Tri-Gear
    912 ULS Warp Drive

Default Re: North East Kitfox Fly-In 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Dorsal View Post
    So after the weather debacle last year and the fact that CDE2Fly has changed horses things were not looking to good for NEKFFI 2013. That has all changed thanks to tommg13780 who suggested we link up with an existing event in approximately the same location. So this years Fly-In will be at Sidney Airport (N23) on Oct 6 (a fixed date not under our control ). Tom has already negotiated a space for us and I will let him fill you in on the details of the existing event. It is a ways off but I am already looking forward to it, Thanks Tom!
    I'll put it on the calendar Thanks Dorsal

Everyone's invited to attend the Oct 6, 2013 Flyin which is happening simultaneously with the Fagan Flyers Breakfast at Sidney, NY N23.

Fagan Flyers is the local airport support group which is comprised of pilots and others interested in helping the airport continue to be a successful enterprise. The breakfast starts early in the morning and runs until lunch.

In addition to the flyin there is a car show running throughout the day. The car show generally has a few food vendors that offer the hot dog, hamburger, sausage type stuff. The airport manager is planning to have a rental car donated for use by those who fly into the airport at "No charge"

For Kitfox flyers we will have a designated area to park and mingle. Also if we want we can have a static display that will be close to the breakfast hanger.

We do not have firm plans on anything in particular beyond what has been released here. We are open to suggestions and will try to accommodate any reasonable requests.

I thought last years event was great and was hoping for it to become an annual affair but things change. Hopefully we'll have a good day and get to have some "face to face" contact with other Kitfox enthusiasts.

Thanks to Finn for agreeing to co-host the flyin. As he stated this is a Rain or Shine scheduled event and each person will make their own call regarding weather/travel plans. http://www.airnav.com/airport/N23

500 km....or like you say 311 miles!!! form Trois-Rivières Qc airport to Sidney Ny airport..... well not for this year......
    But some time in a future, not so faraway
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Eric Therrien
    Nicolet, Qc. Ca.
    In preparation.

Just a quick reminder.... For those who may be considering attending it would be nice to get an estimate of airplanes and drive-ins. Of course the actual headcount will be a function of weather.

Hope to be flying down, weather provided. Will the airport still allow pilots to land on the grass to the side of the runway? Hoping to see a big line up of kitfoxes there this year, it is a nice airport guys.

So, time to pop this up the list, hope to see you there.
    Last edited by Dorsal; 08-25-2013 at 03:00 PM.
    Dorsal ~~^~~
    Series 7 - Tri-Gear
    912 ULS Warp Drive

Can someone put it on the forum calender to help remind everyone. Thanks Eddie

I've added NEKFFI to the TeamKitfox.com Calendar on Oct. 6th.
    Here's hoping for perfect Kitfox weather guys. Just click on the blue link on Oct. 6th for the pertinent info.

You all can also set up a reminder that will alert you up to 3 days before the event so you don't forget it.

After clicking on the event on Oct. 6th you will see the info. page open and on the top right side of that page will be in small blue print "Request Reminder for this Event". It is a drop down menu. Choose the desired lead time for the event reminder there.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

Quote Originally Posted by tommg13780 View Post
    Just a quick reminder.... For those who may be considering attending it would be nice to get an estimate of airplanes and drive-ins. Of course the actual headcount will be a function of weather.
    Bump, I know I plan to be there
    Dorsal ~~^~~
    Series 7 - Tri-Gear
    912 ULS Warp Drive