Ive been looking through a lot of threads regarding ground adjustable IVO props and it seems that someone usually brings up in-flight adjusable options, which frequently brings up questions of LSA compatability and "Electrically Adjustable" workarounds. The comments are usually scattered and in old threads. I couldn't find a thred that was specifically devoted to it though, so I thought I would make one to consolodate the latest word from the great thinkers here.

The workarounds usually include either the controller accessible only from outside the cockpit, or within the cockpit but placarded against in flight use. While some say that it should be acceptable to have a control accessible through the oil access door, others say that it still not technically a ground adjust prop, maybe because one could easily wire a control into the cockpit. Still, others say that you should be able to wire it directly into the cockpit as long as long as it's use is prohibited in flight by a placard, similar to what Cub does with a 18ohp motor.

Is there a consensus on whether any of this is acceptable, or is there a precedent set by manufacturers or builders that is accepted by the FAA? Are people doing it and getting away with it? Are people doing it and getting caught, having their planes recertified by the FAA? Is it okay, not okay?