Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Son of a........!!!!!!!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Son of a........!!!!!!!

Man that's a pretty big prang, it looks like he darn near cart wheeled the plane! A very sad situation to be sure and you have my condolences. I certainly hope the financial issues are resolved asap and your beautiful KF can find itself back in the air soon.
    -Aeropro CZ Aerotrek A240 Tri-Gear SLSA 912uls
    -Airdale Avid+ on CZAW Amphibs 'FatAvid Floater' (building)
    -Kitfox 4-1200 TD 912ul (sold)
    -Kitfox Model III TD 582 (R.I.P.)
    -Avid Flyer Mk-IV TD (sold)

Default Re: Son of a........!!!!!!!

Major bummer! Sad to see a nice airplane messed up like that. On the pluss side, if you have a C or E gearbox, probably everything is okey inside. The large rubber donut can take up the shock and help keep it from messing up the engine. Should still be checked out though. I ran an IVO into my wood deck one time and that was with a B box on a 447. Gearbox wasn't hurt near as much as my pride. (No dammage on one, lots on the other). Best will be if you could find another wing, was the flaperon messed up? Seems they are quite spendy also. Was the seat truss bent up as well? Any other problems with the fuse? Sorry for you! Jim Chuk