Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Kitfox Done-Now Pilot License

Default Kitfox Done-Now Pilot License

Wow, what a trip this is for an older guy. I just finished up my SS7 and it is nearly ready for its AW inspection. Its my first airplane and my first build and it has been a fun, interesting and educational two years. Now I have to learn to fly it - never have had a pilot's license, but I am excited to start this phase of my education. I plan to park myself over at Stick & Rudder in Boise for 2 weeks to work on a Sport Pilot certificate with taildragger endorsement with Paul Leadabrand. I probably won't finish the training in two weeks, but I will take a short break and then go back and finish up. THEN! back home to fly my own bird. I can't think of anything better to keep a retired guy interested and challenged for many years to come.

I'll let you all know how it goes.

Jim

Default Re: Kitfox Done-Now Pilot License

Jim,
    That sounds like a great plan to me. I'm two/three years behind and following in your foot steps so keep me posted.

Kebo

Congrats Jim on getting to the end zone. Hope the AW inspection goes well.
    Have fun with Paul. Good weather wishes for your training.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

Congratulations on all your hard work... I like your plan for getting in the air. Best wishes for continued success!!!
    Grover Wright
    Flying a KF IV-1200
    ROTAX 912UL

Jim that is a good news!!! The bigest parts of your plan is done now let's the fun begin!!!

I did the invers, by doing my pilot licence first and building a nest for my future chick!!

It was easer for me, the laste 2 years I have works in Montréal.... and the Airport where the light sport licence was on my way home.... All my theorical exams are done.... Canadien regulation 94%, Navigation
    et aeronautics 93%, +-70 takeoff and landing.... remaining only my solos.... but waiting for my instructor, who is building a Renegate.... will have a lite taste of how fly a Kitfox...... all my course was done on a FLIGHTSTAR IISL not the same!!! It's look like an egg with wings!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Eric Therrien
    Nicolet, Qc. Ca.
    In preparation.