Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: new to kitfox

Default new to kitfox

hello all,
    considering building a super sport and would like feed back on installing a low time continental 0-200 which I already have. what would be the performance specs?

thanks

Default Re: new to kitfox

Welcome to the comunity! You have lots of Kitfox company in your area! I went to a really fun event at the Fox Farm last summer. Check out this link.
    http://www.teamkitfox.com/Forums/showthread.php?t=3853
    There were lots of Kitfox's!

It won't be long and you will get lots of feadback on your engine.

Scott

bricker- the O-200 has worked well for several Kitfox owners. It is a little bit heavier than the 100 hp. Rotax but still will give you decent performance. The Kitfox airframe is very versatile. Personally , I've never flown an O-200 equipped Kitfox but some years ago I flew many cross country miles with a buddy that owned an O-200/Kitfox model 5. It was slower in cruise than my 912S Rotax model 4 but not by an annoying amount. Maybe 10 mph slower.
    It climbed well but again not quite as well as mine even though both were rated at 100 hp. but I really don't think that engine was as fresh as it could have been either and the model 5 was heavier so I'm not sure I'm giving a fair comparison. It was equipped with an Ivo Magnum ground adjustable prop and I had an inflight adjustable Ivo.
    I do remember that he did have to find a long prop extension for it to fit the 5 cowling and keep weight and balance correct.

I think you should see 110-115 mph cruise depending on prop. and 800 to 1,000 feet per minute climb most days. Wish I had more firm performance numbers for you but he sold it very shortly after completion .
    I hope someone with more experience will post real world performance numbers for you.
    By the way. Having the engine already is a big head start.
    Best of luck to you and welcome aboard.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

Bricker, I've an O-200 for my KF7 project. For the prop, I ordered it from Kitfox and they supplied an extension from a company in Texas. We have a 70" Warp Drive ground-adjustable.

I hope to install the engine this summer/fall. Still getting fuselage ready to paint.

Good luck and welcome to the forum.
    Tommy Walker in Alabama