Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Purchasing the Kit as I build.. anyone doing this?

Default Re: Purchasing the Kit as I build.. anyone doing this?

Guys... this is all good information. You have touched on areas I have not thought about, I suppose that's the reason for posting in here.. collective wisdom is much better the wisdom of one! Thank you...

Elton.. I joined back in the 80s! At that time were were divided in to trade specific areas, I was an air frame Tech, and worked with 413 sq on the Buffalo, but mostly on the Labrador helicopters --- of course history now! I have never worked on the Sea Kings, but have heard lots about them in the new!!!! So you mention bogs, lakes, "nippers" (nfld side of me coming out).. just wondering if those observations were make sitting on the ground waiting for a crew to get you going again, or flying in the area!!! Sorry, has to make that jab...lol... I travel to Halifax every now and would love to grab a beer with ya and chat airplanes! Maybe if I know when you are plannign to get your kit fox.. we can order together just might cut down on costs!! Greg

[quote=AtlasEast;30268]I'm sure I'm going to get jumped for saying this, but here it goes:

One of the things you have to consider if you're going to buy sub-kits from a company is the strength of the company you are buying from. You don't want to have half of a kit and then all of a sudden the kit supplier goes bankrupt.

Elton It's been 5 years that I looking out for the perfect Light Sport Kit for me, I have look for the Highlander, and many more out there.... It's not just the well-being of the compagnie that is importent, it's how many out there is flying....
    From Avid flyer to Kitfox 1-2-3-4-5-6-7 en Super Sport almost 5000 kit have been built, so when you have to put a bolt in a hole..... it will fit!!!

For the Kitfox Cie..... It is a debt free compagny.....just listen to John Mc Bean on the report on the SS7 with the Rotech Radial engine a short part of it that explanation on the situation of the Cie between 4:00 to 4:30min
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1myRBDua-Y

Greg if your not too hurried.... I will order my kit, at the end of 2014 so we could be three to pay for the transport!! But I will have my kit one day before you.... cause Quebec in before Prince Edward Island!!
    Eric Therrien
    Nicolet, Qc. Ca.
    In preparation.

Thank you Eric... you are so kind.. and yes, I'm taking my "good ole time" before I buy. I have actually been looking at several planes but keep coming back to the Kit fox.. Once we have build out planes we will need to have a fly in some where.. come on down over to PEI.. lol.. Anyway, again really good ideas...

Greg