Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sun 'n Fun 2013

Default Sun 'n Fun 2013

Anyone heading down to Sun 'n Fun? I am planning on leaving either Wednesday afternoon(4/10) or Thursday morning(4/11). My plane, more specifically my firewall forward, will be featured at the HKS display in Paradise city so I should be easy to find if you want to meet up...hopefully not to beat me up for annoying you on this board. Seriously though, I'd love to meet anyone.

Default Re: Sun 'n Fun

A group from the North West are planning on flying down on a big bird. Being a first time attendee, I will have a lot of questions. I guess the first is where is Paradise City? I would like to connect with as many as possible. The plan is to fly into Orlando, spend a couple of days with a son in St. Augustine, then to the event.
    Lowell

George

I think I might be going. Maybe we can hook up and fly down there together. We can talk when the date gets a little closer.

Paul
    Paul Morel
    912 Speedster

Paul - We can coordinate later.

Lowell - Paradise city is the "Ultra Light/Light Sport " area at the southern most section of the airport. Perhaps it's the "step child" of the show, but recent years have shown much growth for it because of the light sport rules. It's actually just a dressed up grass field that's open to flying most of the day and does not require all the special arrival departure procedures you would have if flying into the actual airport. Basically, arrival is to come in at 500 feet from the South and watch out for traffic. A lot of companies displaying in Paradise City will do light sport flight demos out of the strip.

Overhead picture shows it at the bottom - http://www.sun-n-fun.org/files/9c/9c...7e3923f35b.pdf

The area has received a facelift in the past year with the North road being moved and some runway work so it is supposedly going to have a lot more traffic and displays this year.
    Last edited by Geowitz; 03-27-2013 at 05:27 AM.

geowitz,
    looking forward to meeting you and seeing your beautiful plane. i'm at sunnfun everyyear; only a 30 min drive for me, but my wife and i camp in the campground.
    i'm also looking forward to the newly redesigned layout for paradise city. i may spend more time in that area this year.
    ken nougaret

Thanks for the info. I suspected it might be something like that. I suspect we will be spending time down there as we will likely want to be where the action is.
    Lowell

jim hunter and i are planing to go to sun&fun with our ss7. right now the plan is to come in on tuesday the 9th, and leave friday the12th, hope to see some fellow fitfoxers there.

I plan to fly my Kitfox III from Central Texas. I'll be leaving on April 4 and first stop at the Sport Aviation Association fly in at Barnwell, SC. This will be my second trip to S N F in my Kitfox. The first being 2011 for the tornadoes. Destruction all around but my Kitfox was not damaged. An avid in front of me was flipped and a new Texas Sport Cub next to me was totaled. I was tied down in homebuilt camping. This year I may try Paradise city. I've flown to Oshkosh 3 times too, usually with a stop at Brodhead.

Last edited by Peteohms; 03-27-2013 at 04:22 PM.
    Pete
    Leander, TX
    Model III SN 1000
    Grove

Pete,
    What program did you use for your flight planning?
    Steve Wilson
    Huntsville, UT
    Kitfox 85DD
    912A / 3 Blade Taper Tip Warp Drive
    Convertible Nosewheel & Tailwheel
    SkySteve's SPOT Page
    SkySteve's You Tube Videos

Looks just like ForeFlight. I use it all the time for civil flight planning/execution. Works for planning and with 3G or the $100 DUAL GPS puck) it works as enroute NAV also. Great product!
    Chris Holaday
    Looking at the Model 5 or newer for size!