Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sun 'n Fun 2013

Default Re: Sun 'n Fun

Had to take 2 weeks off retirement to make the trip ;-) Nice to be a geezer!
    Pete
    Leander, TX
    Model III SN 1000
    Grove

Default Re: Sun 'n Fun

my wife and i are back from sun-n-fun. the best part of the trip was putting some teamkitfox faces to the names. i met jimmy miller and jim hunter, george(geowitz), and patrick and company(yoda). Helpful hints were recieved from them all, there planes were beautiful, and all were very friendly. hope to see them again at future fly-ins. sorry, no pics.
    ken

Default Re: Sun 'n Fun 2013

Pete - Sorry I missed you. I saw your plane parked over by the fence not too far from me, but I never got a chance to catch you. Saw it in the hangar too.

Ken - It was a pleasure meting you and your wife. Had a great time talking. Hopefully you can fly in next year!

Lowell - Had fun with you guys.

Overall it was a great time. Spent most of my time talking with all kinds of people about the HKS 700T and Kitfoxes in general. Flew the ultra light pattern a few times to show off the engine and managed to not make a fool of myself. Really didn't venture out too far beyond Paradise city, but I could tell from what I saw that Paradise city is where the party is at! Open flying all day long. Even during the airshow. What a great time.

Had one storm scare where they let a bunch of us go to the big hangar for cover, but luckily nothing came.

A few pics... Flying over top at about 7000', Brunswick GA bridge, Hiding from the potential storm, Displayed in the HKS area, T-51 display right across the lane I was drooling over all week, warming up to fly the pattern
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Geowitz; 04-14-2013 at 03:14 PM.

Default Re: Sun 'n Fun 2013

In the room. The other guys are gone. Had a great Time in Florida and saw a lot. Three of the five of us come every year and have a routine so saw a lot more of the Tampa area than I thought I would. A day at Fantasy of Flight,a day at Jack Brown's Sea Plane Base and trips to out of the way restaurants made it impossible to hook up with more guys. We talked to George, saw his ultralight lift strut fairings and found that I had met him two years earlier at my California hangar. That embarrassed me a bit that I hadn't remembered. We also saw several other kitfoxes but no folks. Sorry there. Now home for two days then a flight of four to Desert Fox.
    Last edited by HighWing; 04-16-2013 at 08:43 AM.
    Lowell Fitt
    Goodyear, AZ

My You Tube Channel