Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: hats off to bose

Default hats off to bose

hi all, just wanted to relate a good experance we had with bose headsets.
    jim hunter and I bought our bose headsets at lakeland in 2006 and have been very happy with them all these years. wish I had spent the money for bose first as I have a box full of other cheaper headsets that I don't use after getting the bose.
    after years of use a ear piece yoke broke on one of them and the other was showing signs of breaking in the same place on the yoke,also the finish was coming off the ear cushions.
    jim called bose to see if we could order parts and was told to send it to them for repair. we sent them to bose and both came back completely rebuilt with new ear cushions, mike windscreen, wool head cushions, and a copy of the work orders showing what was done to each headset. at the bottom of the work order showing parts used and service performed was the total, $00.0 including shipping.
    this no charge was not expected as the headsets had performed great for over seven years and had been well used.
    just wanted to pass this on and give credit were credit is due.

Default Re: hats off to bose

Good customer service and standing behind your products seems to be fading in the U.S. of A as fast as the value of our dollar. Happy to hear about your experience. Bose routinely refurbishes used headsets at their AirVenture display booth. Usually at no charge. They are nice to fly with also. Someday I hope to own a pair, hopefully before my hearings degrades further.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

Bose is definitely a #1 company to deal with.

There is another way to get a Bose headset for less money:

Add a UFlyMike to a regular "consumer" QC-2 or QC-15 headset and you have the exact same technology with about half the cost.

I know several professional flyers using this setup.
    Av8r3400
    Kitfox Model IV
    The Mangy Fox
    912UL 105hp Zipper
    YouTube Videos

Zulu2s are also a fine headset and investment, also stood behind by a great company--Lightspeed!

I will secong the great CS for LightSpeed. I have had their headsets for more years than I want to admit. I have only had one issue and they gave me the new part with no questions. Plus gave me a few extra foam pieces that go over the mike.
    BOSE....well, I guess they are good to pilots but their home stereos systems is a different story. Had to get mine fixed a couple times and they charged plenty!!! Once about ten years ago when the unit was about a year old the display went dark...$120 to replace the LCD screen. I wasn't happy after what the unit cost! Especially after having it fixed twice! Not a big fan of BOSE ever since.

I have 70 BOSE X, no issues with the product or customer service when under warranty. LIGHTSPEED, we'll...I also have 60 ZULU headsets and I've sent 30 back for repair under warranty. No customer service issues..great folks. The headsets though. 50% in 2 years for the same issue...broken mic assembly. The two channels that the screws go into have either broken easily or, as in two, came broken already. The fix has been good and the QA folks seem to have resolved the issue. I know the BOSE A20 is great, and in my opinion (priceless, you wouldn't pay for it!) the best headset available! You choose and keep the big fan blowin'....
    Chris Holaday
    Looking at the Model 5 or newer for size!

Quote Originally Posted by Av8r3400 View Post
    Bose is definitely a #1 company to deal with.

There is another way to get a Bose headset for less money:

Add a UFlyMike to a regular "consumer" QC-2 or QC-15 headset and you have the exact same technology with about half the cost.

I know several professional flyers using this setup.
    Not even close to the same. I have used the Bose X, A20 and tried the QC setup, the Bose Aviation headsets are light years ahead of the UFly. I have 8000+ hours using the Bose Aviation products and will stay with them no matter what the cost difference, for performance reasons alone.