Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: Kitfox Factory Fly-in 2013

Default Re: Kitfox Factory Fly-in 2013

things like this make me think I may need to invest in an enclosed trailer,..just because of times like this

The end of the storm is not going well. Two funnel clouds appeared today. First I've ever seen in Utah:

Steve Wilson
    Huntsville, UT
    Kitfox 85DD
    912A / 3 Blade Taper Tip Warp Drive
    Convertible Nosewheel & Tailwheel
    SkySteve's SPOT Page
    SkySteve's You Tube Videos

Head for the bunker, Steve. In-coming!!

I'm home from the fly-in. I have to admit that the weather reports discouraged me from flying the six or seven hundred miles from my home, but wile driving, except for some rain along the way, the visibility was fine. I could have made it both ways.

It was a good event. there were about 14 Kitfoxes there - mostly 7s. I only saw one IV and there was a Series V. Since remembering names has never been my strong suit, I guess if I had a wish it would be that we wore name tags because with the exception of a few long time friends, I don't know who else was there.

All in all a good trip, though driving was three times what flying would have been time wise - especially with the 120 mile long 55 mph zone through the SE corner of Oregon.
    Lowell Fitt
    Goodyear, AZ

My You Tube Channel

Pictures???

Phil and I got back into Phoenix about 4pm yesterday from the fly in. We left Tuesday morning early. No way to fly our usual route from PHX up past Las Vegas to Ely,NV then into Homedale. Weather was terrible that way. Our only option was to fly west until we could fly north. Well, we flew west. Almost to L.A. before we could start towards Idaho. This is going to be an adventure for sure. Blythe was our 1st fuel stop. On to Apple Valley,CA for fuel and food. No food. Cafe closed. We did get a flat tire though taxiing to the active runway. Some delay while the local FBO sent help and a new tube. Great folks at Apple Valley.
    We flew to Hawthorne,NV where we met up with Allen. Spent the night. The flight from Apple Valley to Hawthorne was smooth and beautiful. Even a little tail wind at times.

Wed. morning was a little overcast so we made haste and headed north before the moisture trapped us. We soon outran the threatening weather and had a tailwind boost all the way into the factory at Homedale. Spent the day with John and Debra while they and crew got ready for McCall.

Thursday was "tour the factory" day for those that would arrive early and want to see the facilities. Even with the weather keeping so many folks stuck at home or in Jimmie's case Cheyenne,Wy., the place was jumping. It was fun to meet so many great new members of our Kitfox family.

Friday morning we left as a flight of four from Homedale and flew direct to Sulfur Creek Ranch. On the way we formed up with Paul's flight from Stick & Rudder out of Boise. The weather was cloudy and fog lay in some valleys.
    GOPR0124.jpg

GOPR0065.jpg
    We flew through a little rain while circling the airfield but all landed just fine. GOPR0073.jpg

After all the Kitfoxs were parked we hit the main cabin for breakfast. The menu was simple. Yes or no. The meal was big and very good. This is a beautiful place.GOPR0085.jpg
    GOPR0098.jpgGOPR0094.jpg

Time to head to McCall.
    GOPR0117.jpg
    Again , some rain and clouds but the gaggle had no trouble staying together and we arrived at McCall and tied down.

GOPR0131.jpg
    Some covered their aircraft in case of rain. It turned out to be a beautiful day.

GOPR0166.jpgGOPR0168.jpg
    Debra set up the Kitfox tent near the FBO and made ready for arrivals.

More later.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

Awesome !! Can't wait to see more thanks for sharing DF4

Happy to do it SkyPirate. Here are some more with less commentary. Enjoy.
    Hope you and all those that wanted to attend but could not will make the next one.

GOPR0101.jpg GOPR0082.jpg

GOPR0067.jpg GOPR0106.jpg

GOPR0130.jpg GOPR0138.jpg

GOPR0141.jpg GOPR0142.jpg

GOPR0143.jpg GOPR0144.jpg

GOPR0145.jpg GOPR0147.jpg

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

Well if that dare devil " SlyFox" doesnt tear up the sky's too bad and leave a few shreads of air to fly in ( ha ha duck's and takes cover from a flying transmission wrench ) i hope to make it for 2015 lord willing