Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Check your Bing carbs

Default Check your Bing carbs

Have a 912 in my model 3. Engine would lag and spool up slowly from slow to higher rpm. Found that main jet plug (large brass plug in main jet column) had loosened up about 4 turns and idle jet spring had rusted (alcohol?). Hope this saves someone some problems.

Default Re: Check your Bing carbs

Thank you very much for the heads up!

Hi Jim,

On the carburetor issue you ran into, can you share with us how many years/hours of service are on the engine?

Thanks,

Dave S

Just finished overhauling (easy job) my 2 Bing Carbs on my 912 today. Had 500 hours before I decided to redo them. Was having too many issues keeping them in sync and with fuel vent overflow at low idle (2200rpm). The kit overhaul kit comes complete for 2 carbs and I also purchased 2 float needle valves since the rubber tip had signs of wear and I assumed this is do to excessive vibration.

After they were resynchronized, went flying for almost 2 hours with several touch & goes experimenting with all sorts of throttle settings and happy to report this is the best in they've ever been in my recollection.

Should have done this 200 hours ago.
    Paul Morel
    912 Speedster

Quote Originally Posted by Dave S View Post
    Hi Jim,

On the carburetor issue you ran into, can you share with us how many years/hours of service are on the engine?

Thanks,

Dave S
    About 300 hours. Over 8 years.