the ability to have recorded flights and move them into a program for a log book is so important to me. put it this way. I fly an average of 300hrs a year. many times I fly for 30min. two aircraft. I currently take the gps 's out of my airplanes and take it to the shop and download my flights. takes seconds. garmin has a program for their gps called flightbook, it's free. it puts everything in the date, ac type, the id where you took off from and where you went. It also has tally's of your night flights and crosscountry flights. remarks are available as well. activation of the recording is when you go over 300ft. and stops when you land. I've been using this sense I started flying in 04 and at the end of the year I copy off the flight and start up another new record at the beginning of the year. the things that I love about my garmin, it's the direct to, the ability to put radio freq's into the radio, airport information and my flightlog.

I would really like one of these units to replace my old garmin in the kitfox, but if it can't record my flights and put it in a nice program for a log book, well, it just ain't gonna happen.