Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Applying poly brush/spray

Smile Applying poly brush/spray

Getting ready to buy a hvlp paint gun to apply my poly brush and poly spray. What size tip did you use? Also where did everyone put their inspection rings?

Thanks,

Default Re: Applying poly brush/spray

I checked my nozzle and it's stamped 1.3 which I believe is millimeters. The spray gun is a sharpe/finex hvlp. This has been satisfactory. Back in early january there was a thread going with title House paint. N85ae (aka Jeff) made comment regarding roll and tip method with referance to a youtube demonstration com/watch?v=k-SGcSlNmoo

I've been using roll and tip and having very good results.

Quote Originally Posted by tommg13780 View Post
    I checked my nozzle and it's stamped 1.3 which I believe is millimeters. The spray gun is a sharpe/finex hvlp. This has been satisfactory. Back in early january there was a thread going with title House paint. N85ae (aka Jeff) made comment regarding roll and tip method with referance to a youtube demonstration com/watch?v=k-SGcSlNmoo

I've been using roll and tip and having very good results.
    what brand of paint are you using and what ratio are you thinning it to? I watched video and looks great
    Gary
    Kitfox 4 1200
    Eastern Ontario
    Canada

Here's what I use.... Works great for poly brush, poly spray, poly coat...... And it cleans up easily too!... Less than $100 at Home Depot
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ackselle
    Kitfox IV 1200 Classic C-GIKV
    29" Airstreaks, 11" Matco Tailwheel
    ROTAX 912, Hoffman HO-V352F CS Prop

Gary,
    I'm using the poytone products thinned to the recommended dosage. The poly brush could use a little more thinner because it gets sticky so fast. 4" rollers off the shelf at Lowe's and foam brushes. All throw away stuff after one use. If you apply the same number of recommended coats where the cloth weave is barely visible and pinked edges of the finish tapes are still visible there is no discernable difference in gloss.
    Tom