Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: firewall seal

Default Re: firewall seal

The seal I used is a seal from the tailgate of a Volvo 740 stationcar.

The gear i have rebuild myself because I didn't like the bungysystem.
    The bushgear is wider but with te shipping costst to the Netherlands I found it to expensive so I made it myself.
    If it works I don't know yet .
    maybe i have to use other springs if they are not stiff enough or to strong.
    we will see

Eric

Wurlybird You have seen it right,i havent flown the plane .
    i bought it a few years ago to rebuilt it an set a rotax 912 on it(it was equiped with a Jabiru,
    It is original a US plane ,the N596D.

Eric

Yes I could see that the landing gear was two different colors suggesting a recent remodel. Just thought I would get a discussion going on what led to the design, ect. This topic came up recently on another list I belong to. I was wondering if maybe it was copied from someone else's successful design. (one that had flown) What springs were used on this gear? Part # if possible. Thanks, Jim Chuk

Joking aside though, I am also curious how you went about designing it and the springs you used. I think my fox would look great on bush gear but close to $2000 by the time it is installed is a little too much. Several hours in the garage on the other hand is just what I need.

I used the standard gear and removed the tubing that is needed for the bungees,then I took the same size of tubing for the lower part of the suspension and for the upper side the tube size that slides over that tube.
    for the V-formed construction I used the same size as for the upper struts.
    I made the templates from 2,5 mm SS and used 7 mm bolts for the fittings.
    I doubled the tube ends where the bolts go Through.
    For the springs I had to use available springs that fits over the tubes.
    i dont know if they are strong enough but I can always make them stronger with shims or weaker by making the alu fittings shorter.
    I used springs from a little motorbike.
    If anyone is interested I can measure the spring.
    In the book from Tony Bingeliss there is an example from this kind of strut(I found that when I was almost ready)
    I didn't make the landing gear wider because I will buid a closed trailer for the KF and if I disconnect te strut I can lay the plane flat on his belly so he isn't so high.
    The width of the spread LG is than as wide as the horizontal stabilizer.

Eric