Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: How much runway is enough?

Default Re: How much runway is enough?

I have an Rans S7 now that I love to fly, never any question what I can and can not do with this plane. I can land it in a s little as 400 feet if needed and get back out in the same or less. I just ordered a kitfox as I think this is the other great kit plane out there, being side by side I look forward to having my passenger right there to share the ride. Both are great planes, I have not meet an owner of either tHat was not happy with their choice.
    Can't wait to start the build.
    Jim

Congrats Jim on your Kitfox order. Have fun with the build. It's always nice to have a fun airplane to fly while you build.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

Quote Originally Posted by WurlyBird View Post
    Just to close this thread, I actually ended up moving in to a community with an 1800' strip. It took a while to figure it out but in AK people do not value a fly in community the same way we do in the lower 48. Most strips are not even on the sectional even if they are quite adequate, and active. I ultimately had to use google earth to search the area for grass strips and then search for houses nearby. There are a few communities that are the exception, but for the most part, having access to a runway does not affect home value in Alaska. This place is weird but fantastic.

Any Kitfoxers near Fairbanks need to hit me up, I would love to see how many are flying around here. I found one at a nearby strip but I also found it for sale on barnstormers.
    Not quite sure about runway access not affecting home value. They are quite a bit more on a runway around my neck of the woods. I am not in Fairbanks, but I if your ever doing a CC down Soldotna way give me a heads up! There are quite a few of us Kit Fox and Avid flyers in the area.

Oh, if you cant get in and out of 400' at the elevations and temps we fly at, maybe you should stick to the fling wings LOL. That is of course unless your flying off some of the deeper sand beaches that tend to drag you down A LOT! If you dont have at least an 8" tall wide TW I would suggest getting one if your planning on playing on gravel and back country strips!
    Last edited by akflyer; 09-12-2013 at 05:09 PM.