Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Avid Cowl?

Default Re: Avid Cowl?

The VW is pretty wide motor. The Kitfox "smooth" cowl tapers quite a bit in the front. If you use that cowl, you may have to bump out or cut out the sides for the rocker boxes.
    Av8r3400
    Kitfox Model IV
    The Mangy Fox
    912UL 105hp Zipper
    YouTube Videos

Quote Originally Posted by Judoka5051 View Post
    Wow! It sounds like it'd be easier to buy an off the shelf nose bowl and build the rest out of aluminum. I can get that done in a couple of long days. I don't want to have to modify the plane to fit the cowl. I was hoping the go the other way around.

Thanks, Lance
    You are correct, I did not actually know how much trouble I was getting myself into when I decided to go to the Avid cowl. But I cannot say that I would do it differently if I could go back. The only part I regret is the time I spent making a new panel before I realized that it was not going to fit. He he, anyone need a carbon panel?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Couple of days ago, I said I would get some pics of where the front of the cowl comes togeather on the Avid cowl. Here they are. Take care, Jim Chuk
    Attached Images Attached Images