Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Final Assembly - Wings ON

Default Re: Final Assembly - Wings ON

Just a follow up regarding myself and my student. We both got back up in the air yesterday and she seems even more determined to become a pilot. I am looking forward to helping her make that happen. Friday's flight was her second lesson and needless to say she has a very unusual log book entry for that training flight.

I was making great progress on my airplane until Friday and I now have to get myself out to the garage and get back to work. Not easy to do.

Default Re: Final Assembly - Wings ON

Fully understandable..... Yes, I can understand what you are going through, having had to suck it up myself a few times after flying in combat and getting a Cobra blown out from under me... it NEVER got routine!

May I suggest just going out to your fuselage and if possible just sitting in it for awhile imagining the takeoff, the flight, and the landings while listening to some relaxing music. Pick up where you left off and just do one task each night. This is your baby, and she will serve you extremely well.

The fact is, you did VERY well, your training worked, and now YOU have something very special to pass on.... the experience and the know-how. Yes it was close, but obviously God is giving you the experience you need in the right sequence, for a purpose.

Please, ENJOY THE JOURNEY!