Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SS wing spar strut fittings

Default Re: SS wing spar strut fittings

I am about to drill those four rivet holes, apart from keeping the four builder drilled holes inline with the rivets in the I-beam, are there any other dimensions such as spacing, as I cannot find any?

The manual does not say to mix micro balloons with the Hysol on the spar strut fittings but it does for the spar reinforcement fittings and when dissimilar metals are used, is this just a typo omission or do they not want micro balloons in that joint?

Paul

You're correct there are no dimensions for those rivets, but do keep them inline with the I beam rivets.

My old manual specifies use of flox (not microballoons). Looking at the online manual right now I see it doesn't say that anymore. If your lift strut attach brackets are powder coated (they almost certainly are) where they contact the aluminum then separation of the dissimilar metals is already assured.
    Kitfox 5 (under construction)
    Commercial SE/ME, CFII

Thanks Alex,

What have others done with powder coated spar strut fittings, micro balloons or not?

I cannot remember who I asked at the factory but I did not use micro balloons. Just don’t scuff the fitting powdercoat down to metal is what I was told.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ben Bell
    Building 7 super sport
    O200 powered