Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: K3 Throttle and Lord mounts

Default K3 Throttle and Lord mounts

Getting the throttle hooked up to the 582 with duel Bings. I notice it takes a lot of push to overcome the springs in the Bings to the point of almost bending the throttle push rod. Is there some kind of spring assist i should have to counteract the force. If so, where does it go.

2nd question. How tight do I put the nuts on the lord mount, old style mounting 1991 model. Getting close to finishing this bird if I could get thru a few issues. I promise lots of pics when I get done and thinking about a Hero 3.

Default Re: K3 Throttle and Lord mounts

Mine's not like that. I can't say it's smooth like butter, but it doesn't take excessive force to counteract the springs.

Review the cable bend radius over it's length. Try to make it as gentle as possible and pay particular attention where the cables pass through the firewall. Make sure the throttle reverser bellcrank moves smoothly and the pivot bolt is lubricated.

Another thing to check is the cable lubrication. Mine is the same vintage and I had to do a few rounds with a cable lube tool and some silicone spray.

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...FegWMgodAhcACg
    -- Paul S
    Model III SN910
    582 IVO Med

Default Re: K3 Throttle and Lord mounts

I would echo everything Paul said, with particular attention to the cable bends. If you zip tie the throttle cables to your engine mount, etc., be certain to double-up on the ties. I had one stretch over time just enough so when the throttle was worked, it caused the cable to slip lower which created an acute enough bend to stick the carb slide. Not good.
    -Aeropro CZ Aerotrek A240 Tri-Gear SLSA 912uls
    -Airdale Avid+ on CZAW Amphibs 'FatAvid Floater' (building)
    -Kitfox 4-1200 TD 912ul (sold)
    -Kitfox Model III TD 582 (R.I.P.)
    -Avid Flyer Mk-IV TD (sold)