Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Great site! Remove scratches in windscreen

Default Great site! Remove scratches in windscreen

I have scratches in all my plastic, previous owner removed all protective covering. I am going to replace all flat glass/plastic, it is easier. The damage is not deep but must be removed, any suggestion ? Products on aircraft spruce are expensive . Any home brew cleaners?

Default Re: Great site! Remove scratches in windscreen

Also, how do you remove white plastic covering on flaperons? It is really stuck!

I removed some scratches and gouges out of plexiglass. If they are really deep, wet sand FLAT, with a rubber sanding block, with w go to polishing compound with an ole T shirt, diaper, or micro fiber towel. Make a ball bout' the size of your fist and go SIDEWAYS, not circulator, not up and down. Now used McGuires Plastic cleaner. Back to new. I use Liquid glass as a final coat.
    Poly Carbonate is near impossile to get back to new condition.

The micromesh system works very well, I have descratched a bunch of stuff
    with it, from airplane windows, watches, guitar, etc.

Regards,
    Jeff

I worked for 10 hrs on trying to remove scratches! Do not waste your time, 1/8 lexan sheet is $120.00 . Go to YouTube and watch clip on installation. In less than two hours, you have new windscreen ! Is it as good as LP? Don't know but 1/8 the cost, I will stay with "home made windscreen" thanks for the help