Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sikaflex 295uv adhesive for doors

Default Re: Sikaflex 295uv adhesive for doors

Here, but they have a larger flange. Meant for custom baffling installs. I have a few left over and the diameter of the flange is about 9mm. Might not be enough grip length on these particular ones though. Not sure of they have a longer version. Put a piece of tape over the tip of your rivet squeezer to prevent scratching the flange.

http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalo...lickkey=561274
    Last edited by Geowitz; 06-09-2013 at 06:19 PM.

I just ordered a bunch of Rivets from www.boltdepot.com They may have what you are looking for in the oversize heads. I did not get painted ones but I got alot of closed blind rivets for some work on my floats and oversize heads for replacing my windshield and door lexan.

With all things on airplanes I like to think about maintenance and eventual replacement of any component.

I attached my door plastic with 3M auto trim mounting tape and soft aluminum rivets. The holes in the plastic were drilled oversized to allow for expansion. Rivets were placed about 6 inches apart. Removal is simple drill out the rivets and use dental floss to slice through the foam tape. Clean up with denatured alcohol.

The soft aluminum rivets were cushioned under the head with nylon washers to spread out the load. No cracks or splits.

Having used Sikaflex on boat through-hull fittings I can attest it is nearly impossible to get off after a few years aging. It hardens to a substance resembling melted tennis shoes.

If you want colored rivets, anodize them. It's easy to do at home with a battery charger. You can find instructions with a simple web search.

John Pitkin
    Greenville, Texas