....but I think the Kitfox "fly guys" (you) will get it.

When I woke up this morning, the tempurature was a chipper -26C (-15F). The sky was absolutely clear. The wind was 320 @ 3knots...... in other words.... PERFECT!!!

So, I spent the next 1 1/2 hours using my vastly honed duct tape skills (I've done this before!!!).
1) sealing the firewall with duct tape
2) closing the cabin vents with duct tape
3) removing the passenger door gaps with .... you guessed it.... duct tape.
4) added manual (duct tape) shutters to the oil cooler AND the radiator

Started up the trusty 912, let it warm up (took about 10 minutes), did the normal run up and off I went...... it seemed to take only 100 feet before I was flying..... my climb rate was a consistent 1400 fpm. There were no bumps, the air was perfectly smooth! Cold winter air is what the Kirfox was designed for..... right???

The cabin heat was working very fine with all the duct tape work. It was simply beautiful! The prairies are covered with a fresh drop of white snow.... even the roads were not dirtied by traffic.

After my flight I proclaimed my flight satisfaction to my wife.... she just smiled supportively, but she really didn't get it. So... that's why I'm telling the group. I'm thinking only other Kitfox fly guys will understand how a flight on a cold winter day could be enjoyable!

Cheers,
Ackselle