Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Merry Chirstmas and Happy New Year from TeamKitfox

Default Merry Chirstmas and Happy New Year from TeamKitfox

Merry-Christmas-Happy-New-Year-2012-background-vector-design.jpg
    “For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Savior, who is Christ the Lord”

Wishing you all a Merry Christmas 2012 and a very Happy New 2013.
    Wow! Where did 2012 go?

Thanks to all who here who contribute so mightily with time, talent and just "plane" encouragement to other builders and members. You embody the spirit of this forum.

If you've enjoyed the forum this year please remember our good sponsors who keep this place "on the air" and of course our moderators, Dan B, Av8r3400, and Mark who keep this train on the tracks.

To all those who are currently building their very own Kitfox, keep after it. The reward is so worth it. For those flying , have fun and be safe.

And if I may, a special thanks to the "Dream Fulfillment Team", at Kitfox Aircraft LLC., both in Idaho and their southern contingent. Every time a 7 Super Sport kit gets shipped or a beautiful new factory built Kitfox S-LSA leaves Homedale and arrives at its new home, another dream comes true.
    To those wishing they were building, here's hoping 2013 is your Kitfox year.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

Default Re: Merry Chirstmas and Happy New Year from TeamKitfox

AMEN, DesertFox4!

And for those whose heads are filled with visions of dancing Kitfoxes this Christmas Eve, let's enjoy this timeless tale...with a few field mods complying with Part 91.319 (b) (2)...and limitless apologies to Clement Moore.

T'was the night before Christmas, and out on the ramp, not an airplane was stirring, not even a Champ.
    The aircraft were fastened to tie downs with care, In hopes that -- come morning -- they'd all still be there.
    The fuel trucks were nestled, all snug in their spots, with gusts from two-forty at 39 knots.
    I slumped at the fuel desk, now finally caught up, and settled down comfortably, resting my butt.

When the radio lit up with noise and with chatter, I turned up the scanner to see what was the matter.
    A voice clearly heard over static and snow, called for clearance to land at the airport below.
    He barked his transmission so lively and quick, I'd have sworn that the call sign he used was "St. Nick."
    I ran to the panel to turn up the lights, the better to welcome this magical flight.

He called his position, no room for denial, "St. Nicholas One, turnin' left onto final."
    And what to my wondering eyes should appear, But a Rutan-built sleigh, with eight Rotax Reindeer!
    With vectors to final, down the glideslope he came, as he passed all the fixes, he called them by name:
    "Now Ringo! Now Tolga! Now Trini and Bacon! On Comet! On Cupid!" (What pills was he takin'?)

While controllers were sittin', and scratchin' their heads, they phoned to my office, and I heard it with dread.
    The message they left was both urgent and dour: "When Santa pulls in, have him please call the tower."
    He landed like silk, with the sled runners sparking, then I heard, "Left at Charlie," and "Taxi to parking."
    He slowed to a taxi, turned off of three-oh, and stopped on the ramp with a "Ho! Ho! Ho!"

He stepped out of the sleigh, but before he could talk, I ran out to meet him with my best set of chocks.
    His red helmet and goggles were covered with frost, and his beard was all blackened from Reindeer exhaust.
    His breath smelled like peppermint, gone slightly stale, and he puffed on a pipe, but he didn't inhale.
    His cheeks were all rosy and jiggled like jelly, his boots were as black as a cropduster's belly.

He was chubby and plump, in his suit of bright red, and he asked me to "fill it, with hundred low-lead."
    He came dashing in from the snow-covered pump, I knew he was anxious for drainin' the sump.
    I spoke not a word, but went straight to my work, and I filled up the sleigh, but I spilled like a jerk.
    He came out of the restroom, and sighed in relief, then he picked up a phone for a Flight Service brief.

And I thought as he silently scribed in his log, "These reindeer could land in an eighth-mile fog!"
    He completed his pre-flight, from the front to the rear, then he put on his headset, and I heard him yell, "Clear!"
    And laying a finger on his mike-push-to-talk, he called up the tower for clearance and squawk.
    "Take taxiway Charlie, the southbound direction, turn right, three-two-zero, at pilot's discretion"

He sped down the runway the wind-favored best; "Your traffic's a Grumman, inbound from the west."
    Then I heard him proclaim, as he climbed through the night, "Merry Christmas to all: I have traffic in sight!"

Adapter Unknown...but gleefully appreciated...MERRY CHRISTMAS!

"E.T." & Dee

As a less known member of the Kitfox family I would like to first wish everybody a joy filled Christmas. Thank you all for the help this past year in providing me with the most enjoyable life experience of building and flying my own aircraft!! I will never forget your help!

Dan G.

Back at you, Steve. Thank you for all of your efforts in operating the site.

To echo the sentiments, Merry Christmas and a very Blessed New Year to all of the members (and even the lurkers) of the Team Kitfox family.

Last edited by Av8r3400; 12-24-2012 at 10:18 PM.
    Av8r3400
    Kitfox Model IV
    The Mangy Fox
    912UL 105hp Zipper
    YouTube Videos

Merry Christmas everyone. May the coming year find you greasing all your landings.
    Keith (kebo)

Merry Christmas to all the Kitfox family.
    Stan Inzer
    912 ULS
    Dynon Skyview 10"
    N599KF

Merry Chirstmas and a Happy New Years to All! HoHoHo