Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: KF2 Finally arrived!!!!

Default KF2 Finally arrived!!!!

Now the bad news...... going to learn how to patch Poly-Fibre before I get it in the air. Shakes head.... Designed custom trailer to transport the bird from Georgia to the Sub-Tundra here in MN. 50 miles from home, one of the BRAND NEW trailer tires shed a cap. Fender contained most, but a few pieces ricocheted off the license plate frame and upwards.......right through the starboard wing and horizontal stabilizer.

I understand its not too big a job, more detail oriented, and of course am excited to learn how, but was hoping to learn this a little further down the road. :-) So if any of you all want to come to the house, sit in the warm garage, choose a beverage of choice out of the fridge, door is open, and I'll come shag you down at the field. LOL

By the way, if you ever want to sell your KF, here's a tip.... Trailer it for a while on the freeway. Had people following me to the rest stop and flat out making offers on it!!!

Regardless, thanks to all the folks who have offered insight wisdom and encouragement on the journey getting the air machine here. Greasy side down, God Bless You All, and Merriest of Christmas from my family to yours.

Denny
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Re: KF2 Finally arrived!!!!

Glad you got your plane home, sorry for you about the tire problem. If you don't have a Poly-fibre manual I can scan the 2 pages that deal with making repairs and email them to you. If you have poly tone for paint, it's way less of a problem to fix than if the paint is aero-thane. Take care, Jim Chuk

Jim,

That would be a great help. I would sure appreciate it. Will send email via pm.

Quote Originally Posted by FitchUpNorth View Post
    So if any of you all want to come to the house, sit in the warm garage, choose a beverage of choice out of the fridge, door is open, and I'll come shag you down at the field.... God Bless You All, and Merriest of Christmas from my family to yours.

Denny
    At first reading I missed the sub tundra part and the warm garage sounded like Florida where we are headed tomorrow. Thanks for the Christmas wish - definitely in the spirit of the season while under duress. Hope things go well in the repairs and like you, I like learning new techniques.
    Lowell