Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Ohio flight

Default Ohio flight

I'm a new member, beginning my search for a used Kitfox for purchase. I've done some research online and have a ton of questions (some have already been answered searching this site), but I would absolutely love to go for a ride in a Kitfox. I live near Cleveland but I can travel, I share a Mooney so anything within 200 miles would be great.

I don't think I've ever seen a Kitfox in real life, but the light taildragger and great runway performance are really exciting.

Default Re: Ohio flight

Make a pilgrimage to Idaho and make an appointment with Jim Leadabrand. Fly the supersport, its a lot different than the other models. Big roomy and fun to fly. Leadabrand is great.

Hi Evan, I have a Series 5 Kitfox based at 92NY (a private strip about 20 miles southeast of BUF) If you can't find anyone closer , I'd be happy to let you try out a Kitfox. I will be trailering it home soon to do the condition inspection, so we would have to go soon. An option would be to fly your mooney into BQR and I could meet you there. Bruce Lina N199CL

You are about 110 miles from my place. near London, Ontario CYXU
    I am 5.5 mile DMe from London airport ( point of entry for customs.)
    You can fly right in here as well currently - 2100' EW and 2300 N/S grass

I have currently 2 - Kitfox 2s , IV and a Raven -- Clone of a Kitfox/ Avid here all 2 strokes. I expect a new arrival here soon -- KF 5 / continental. It might be hangared here soon.
    Biggest difference is the first 4 planes are about 500 lbs emtpy and the model 5 is closer to 1000 lbs. and about 20 mph faster or so. Sldo double the price or more.

Check out my vidoes on the link below - I have hundreds of Kitfox movies.

Dave

I have a series 7 tri gear at PKB just across the river from Marietta Ohio if you want to fly down sometime for a ride.
    Ken Robinson

Dave F, thanks for the videos! Excellent. Everyone else, thank you for the replies.

I think there are several Kitfox models in the region I can survey the next few months. I didn't know there was a handling difference between the older and newer Kitfox versions (2 and 5, for example) so the beginning part of my search has gotten a bit more complex, but that's O.K. because looking at airplanes is fun.

Thanks again.

Evan